• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

50 minutes ago, Tank said:

i don't understand criticizing people who are successful. they are the ones who create jobs and opportunities for others. yet, their critics always sound like they expect them to stand on a street corner handing out $100 bills to everyone who passes by, as if that's the only way to share their success.

i applaud those who decided to move forward, to explore, to create, to build. 

Just because someone is successful doesn't mean they're worthy of your praise. Do you think it's possible to amass billions of dollars of wealth and do it in an ethical way?

Hard work and success are worthy goals, but we should never assume that someone's level (or lack) of success is equal to their level of awesomeness as a human being. 

In other words ... for someone to become a billionaire, a bunch of other people have to lose out. Wealth doesn't exist in a vacuum where any of us could make as much money as we wanted to without it affecting other people.

Look at the personal lives of these billionaires. Elon has six kids with like four different women. Even Bill Gates (the "good" billionaire) turned out to be a womanizer. Poor people have these same issues, but they're not put on pedestals like these ultrarich folks are.

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So why don't you do that? You must be lazy if you're not as rich as those guys.

Maybe I have done something similar? I don't rip people who do well for themselves, I ask them for advice. 

That type of attitude has done me well. You should try it instead of sounding like a crying 12 year old girl. Your life is what you make of it. Don't expect the government to solve your problems because it never will. Meet successful people and thrive off them. Every successful person I've ever met wants me to join in on their success. Quit acting like rich people are evil. You sound like a government drone when you express those thoughts.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Maybe I have done something similar? I don't rip people who do well for themselves, I ask them for advice. 

That type of attitude has done me well. You should try it instead of sounding like a crying 12 year old girl. Your life is what you make of it. Don't expect the government to solve your problems because it never will. Meet successful people and thrive off them. Every successful person I've ever met wants me to join in on their success. Quit acting like rich people are evil. You sound like a government drone when you express those thoughts.

I don't think "rich people" are evil. I think the richest of the rich got there through many unethical means, and that they could do more to give back to the world instead of going on joy rides to Earth's orbit.

Some of you guys think I'm this poor dude who lives off food stamps or something. The success I've been able to find is a combination of my natural abilities (which I didn't earn for myself), the opportunities I've been given (which came from the generosity of others), and the hard work I've put in (what I have control over). We're all a combination of these things. Some of the hardest-working people I've met aren't super wealthy, nor do they hope to be. I know plenty of lazy trust-fund type kids who have a lot of wealth but didn't have to work hard to earn it.

Have enough humility to admit that if it weren't for this person, or this circumstance, or this thing that you didn't orchestrate for yourself, you wouldn't be in the place you are today. None of us are self-made men.

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Elle Fanning's Fan Fantasy' Short Film by Vogue | HYPEBAE

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think "rich people" are evil. I think the richest of the rich got there through many unethical means, and that they could do more to give back to the world instead of going on joy rides to Earth's orbit.

Some of you guys think I'm this poor dude who lives off food stamps or something. The success I've been able to find is a combination of my natural abilities (which I didn't earn for myself), the opportunities I've been given (which came from the generosity of others), and the hard work I've put in (what I have control over). We're all a combination of these things. Some of the hardest-working people I've met aren't super wealthy, nor do they hope to be. I know plenty of lazy trust-fund type kids who have a lot of wealth but didn't have to work hard to earn it.

Have enough humility to admit that if it weren't for this person, or this circumstance, or this thing that you didn't orchestrate for yourself, you wouldn't be in the place you are today. None of us are self-made men.

I’m thankful the Lord above has put me in multiple situations for success. My family taught me about work ethic and set the example but their isn’t one damn person that has a course altering effect on my success other than me. Now my wife and son made things easier because they were always understood when I had to do some shitty jobs away from home. Truthfully the only person that held me back was me and when I learned to stop complaining about the rules and learn to win the game, life got a lot easier. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i don't understand criticizing people who are successful. they are the ones who create jobs and opportunities for others. yet, their critics always sound like they expect them to stand on a street corner handing out $100 bills to everyone who passes by, as if that's the only way to share their success.

i applaud those who decided to move forward, to explore, to create, to build. 

This is because you aren’t a lib 

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

https://apnews.com/article/amazoncom-inc-race-and-ethnicity-jeff-bezos-philanthropy-coronavirus-pandemic-56154051ca19fdd80c2fc003004702b0
you don’t think the ultra rich give back to the world?

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think "rich people" are evil. I think the richest of the rich got there through many unethical means

So what? Does that mean you should tax everyone more and steal their money? I'm well off but I'm not the richest of the rich. Quit trying to ruin my life and steal my money because you can't figure out how to be more successful. 

I'm telling you right now, if the left keeps pushing this tax the rich bullshit the pendulum will swing and it's going to suck hard for people asking for it.

15 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

So what? Does that mean you should tax everyone more and steal their money? I'm well off but I'm not the richest of the rich. Quit trying to ruin my life and steal my money because you can't figure out how to be more successful. 

I'm telling you right now, if the left keeps pushing this tax the rich bullshit the pendulum will swing and it's going to suck hard for people asking for it.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post and just zeroing in on that one statement.

I don't want taxes to increase for you unless you're in the very highest income bracket. So don't worry.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post and just zeroing in on that one statement.

I don't want taxes to increase for you unless you're in the very highest income bracket. So don't worry.

Maybe I am? Either way it's bullshit. People shouldn't be taxed harder because they are successful. 

You are exactly who I thought you were. A person who's jealousy expands into theft. You can't make something for yourself so you take it from others.