• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Someone accuses me of being racist that is the only response they get. 

I didn’t say you were a racist and I don’t think you are.  Not that it matters what I think.  It’s too bad you interpreted it that way.  You said something that I didn’t think made sense.  So I bounced it back at you in a more plainly ridiculous way. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

That’s not racism it’s just racial stereotyping. It’s lazy and says more about the one doing it than the ones targeted since it’s probably not too hard to find other factors that would indicate whether an individual fits into the subset you’re fretting about 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I didn’t say you were a racist and I don’t think you are.  Not that it matters what I think.  It’s too bad you interpreted it that way.  You said something that I didn’t think made sense.  So I bounced it back at you in a more plainly ridiculous way. 

Collectivist is much easier to have when most people had the same experience for generations.   In the U.S there are thousands of different generational experiences

This makes collectivism extremely difficult to implement. 

41 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Seems designed to make Trump look better. None of the other presidents incited an attempted overthrow of their own government in a desperate ploy to stay in power after losing an election.

But it’s very likely that one of them assassinated his predecessor so there’s that 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

But it’s very likely that one of them assassinated his predecessor so there’s that 

I remember my father reading a book titled "A Texan Looks at LBJ", which advanced the theory that Johnson had something to do with the Kennedy assassination. It seems very coincidental that Kennedy was killed in Johnson's home state, and Kennedy was talked into riding in the open convertible when there was a transparent bulletproof top that could have been fitted to the car.

10 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I remember my father reading a book titled "A Texan Looks at LBJ", which advanced the theory that Johnson had something to do with the Kennedy assassination. It seems very coincidental that Kennedy was killed in Johnson's home state, and Kennedy was talked into riding in the open convertible when there was a transparent bulletproof top that could have been fitted to the car.

There are a lot of weird factoids around the Kennedy assassination.  Bush Sr. was in Dallas and inexplicably could never recall why he was there or what he was doing on the day Kennedy was shot.  Lol for that generation it’s like if you didn’t know where you were on 9/11.  Bush Sr and his father were almost certainly associated with CIA front companies in the previous decades and Bush eventually ended up as the head of the CIA.  Anyway.  Lol a lot of shit like that that makes you tilt an eye brow. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Collectivist is much easier to have when most people had the same experience for generations.   In the U.S there are thousands of different generational experiences

This makes collectivism extremely difficult to implement. 

I just don’t agree that this is the principally serious impediment to talking about universally applicable social welfare programs like health care.  Or dealing with labor standards.  To me the idea doesn’t make sense applied to those things. 

but I think you aren’t wrong that the idea broadly does play it’s part with our ideas around individualism.  I think those American concepts go back to the first Europeans that settled here. Very obvious Calvinist philosophy.  Anyway, a lot to unpack there. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Chris Cuomo tells Don Lemon he's 'black on the inside'

CNN’s Chris Cuomo is getting ripped as being "f—ing offensive" after joking that he is "black on the inside."

The 50-year-old brother of embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was quickly roasted after a clip was shared Friday showing him hand over to CNN colleague Don Lemon by singing the theme to 1970s’ TV show "Good Times."

Laughing awkwardly with his eyes lowered, Lemon asked his fellow host how he knew the words to the series about a black family living in a public housing project in Chicago.

"You know I’m black on the inside," Cuomo responded.

While Lemon appeared to skip the comment, it was quickly picked up on the Twitterverse.

"It’s f–ing offensive," tweeted Sister2Sister magazine managing editor Aisha Staggers, who said that "Black is not a costume."

33 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Chris Cuomo tells Don Lemon he's 'black on the inside'

CNN’s Chris Cuomo is getting ripped as being "f—ing offensive" after joking that he is "black on the inside."

The 50-year-old brother of embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was quickly roasted after a clip was shared Friday showing him hand over to CNN colleague Don Lemon by singing the theme to 1970s’ TV show "Good Times."

Laughing awkwardly with his eyes lowered, Lemon asked his fellow host how he knew the words to the series about a black family living in a public housing project in Chicago.

"You know I’m black on the inside," Cuomo responded.

While Lemon appeared to skip the comment, it was quickly picked up on the Twitterverse.

"It’s f–ing offensive," tweeted Sister2Sister magazine managing editor Aisha Staggers, who said that "Black is not a costume."

Once again, no outrage meter to make me want to read it.  Please use the outrage ranking system I introduced you to earlier.  I am not even appalled or aghast here, I need more outrage.