• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Aren't you an independent contractor?  Did you see that the tax rate for independent contractors is dropping to 15%?

If it does then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and create an LLC for my job. I should have a decade ago. 

7 minutes ago, nate said:

Starting to sound more and more like that 401k change might happen.  What a gigantic fucking middle finger.  That would really hurt my retirement plans as I currently put 12% (6% is pre-tax) and my company matches another 6%.

Link?  I'm not being an ass, I am curious as I have a large 401K plan as well.

What has been discussed is changing the tax deferment of 401k contributions, lowering the tax deferment on those contributions to something like $2500k. Anything about that amount would get taxed as income that year, instead of tax deferred until it is withdrawn. Instead they are offering the magic "we will come up with something better to incentivize investment!" 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/10/25/house-gop-tax-leader-threatens-to-break-trumps-promise-not-to-change-401k-rules/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_taxplan-1006am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Anyone in the lower to middle class thinking they are going to get a huge tax break is gonna get that uncomfortable feeling between the asscheeks...this is all about giving huge tax cuts to rich.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Our elections are seriously fucked and now, between elections and we'll before the next major one, is when we should be fixing them.

But yeah, this is terrible and absolutely nothing will happen.