• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I've never been on the cron boat but stick murphy in left and start cron against right handers.

Platoons thoug

I'm not into criticizing Scioscia for everything just to hear myself whine but this is where his stubborness is a real problem...we're in the middle of a pennant race, it's not early, it's the middle of August....the steadiness that serves him well over a long season bites us on the butt when he's immovable on some things...sticking with guys who have had success in the past isn't going to get us into the playoffs now....right now, against right handers, his best options for LF/DH are Murphy and Cron....DeJesus hasn't been very good this year, both here and in Tampa.....Not saying you cut him, he has a decent skill set and could be useful, but he's not hitting enough to warrant continued playing time...Cron has been consistently good since his recall and Murphy has been ok (not great), both in Cleveland before he got here and with the Angels....Right now, Cron has earned AB's....yet we'll continue to see DeJesus against RHP's and Cron will sit....it is what it is....

Edited by DMVol

Glaus wasn't that great. Had a nice few seasons as an Angel. The juice was good to that kid.

37.9 WAR for someone who had two seasons when he was at his best decimated by injury is pretty damn good. The list of 3B better than him over the past two decades isn't long.

Is there anyone from that team who was any good, according to you?

37.9 WAR for someone who had two seasons when he was at his best decimated by injury is pretty damn good. The list of 3B better than him over the past two decades isn't long.

Papa Ron Jackson. Oh that team. Erstad was a stud. GA got it done. That team came down to great chemistry. Everything was right for that team, and what really saved their asses was Lackey and Krod. The game 6 heroics. They weren't a great team, but they got it done. They areNt even the best Angel team from that era. It all came together and it was magical. AK against the Twins. Spiezio in the WS. It was a compete team collaboration, probably more on chemistry and timing than anything. The OF of Salmon, GA, and Erstad was pretty solid. Fullmer was a decent enough DH. The IF was good. Percy, Krod and Lackey were lights out. It all came together.

Papa Ron Jackson. Oh that team. Erstad was a stud. GA got it done. That team came down to great chemistry. Everything was right for that team, and what really saved their asses was Lackey and Krod. The game 6 heroics. They weren't a great team, but they got it done. They areNt even the best Angel team from that era. It all came together and it was magical. AK against the Twins. Spiezio in the WS. It was a compete team collaboration, probably more on chemistry and timing than anything. The OF of Salmon, GA, and Erstad was pretty solid. Fullmer was a decent enough DH. The IF was good. Percy, Krod and Lackey were lights out. It all came together.

Don't forget Dusty Baker, Russ Ortiz, game ball, etc.

Glaus was a .250 HR hitter with an .854 OPS. He was the Dave Kingman of the era. Bombs and little else.

Glaus was a .250 HR hitter with an .854 OPS. He was the Dave Kingman of the era. Bombs and little else.

This surpasses the Salmon mediocre thing in absurdity. He walked more than 100 times in a season twice, had a career .358 OBP and provided very solid defensive work.

That OPS is also 14th all time among 3B who played more than one season.

I'm not into criticizing Scioscia for everything just to hear myself whine but this is where his stubborness is a real problem...we're in the middle of a pennant race, it's not early, it's the middle of August....the steadiness that serves him well over a long season bites us on the butt when he's immovable on some things...sticking with guys who have had success in the past isn't going to get us into the playoffs now....right now, against right handers, his best options for LF/DH are Murphy and Cron....DeJesus hasn't been very good this year, both here and in Tampa.....Not saying you cut him, he has a decent skill set and could be useful, but he's not hitting enough to warrant continued playing time...Cron has been consistently good since his recall and Murphy has been ok (not great), both in Cleveland before he got here and with the Angels....Right now, Cron has earned AB's....yet we'll continue to see DeJesus against RHP's and Cron will sit....it is what it is....

I'll go on record saying that we should cut him. I'd much rather have Robertson.

To expand on that, Robertson can play all 3 OF positions better and actually can hit for a decent average, while DeJesus is only here because he is a lefty.

Robertson > DeJesus and Victorino.....we just don't have a lot of good options, unfortunately....Cron may not develop but I still like his potential (and production since he was recalled) over most of the crap we've been running out there all year....

To expand on that, Robertson can play all 3 OF positions better and actually can hit for a decent average, while DeJesus is only here because he is a lefty.

Yep. He's been good defensively, and he was hitting .288. In fact he was hitting something like .364 in the last seven games before they sent him back down. It's weird that he was sent down again and that he gets dismissed so quickly.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

I'll go on record saying that we should cut him. I'd much rather have Robertson.

I think I'd keep him...he's still better than the other garbage we've been running out there....

Edit: Thought you meant cut Cron (rather than DeJesus)....they can cut DeJesus and it's fine with me...

Just posted this in the Utley thread....

Alden Gonzalez: "My sense w/Utley, if they get him, is that he'd get most of his ABs at DH, w/ Murphy in LF, DeJesus off bench."[/size]

If this is true, Cron will be seeing even fewer ABs.

If we get Utley, Cron could go to SLC....says Gonzales:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/632673990864187392

Edited by DMVol