• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is This A Playoff Team

Nothing like a losing streak to bring out the doom and gloom squad.

Also -- lol at meh rotation.   Angels starters have combined for a 3.60 ERA, third best in the AL, 8th best in MLB, tied for the AL lead in QSs, 5th in MLB.   Second best defensive efficiency in MLB -- behind TB and ahead of KC.   Yeah the offense is crappy, but the overreaction to the three game sweep is really pretty ridiculous.  Pitching and defense still counts, doesn't it?

Some of you whine about the team having no heart -- stop projecting.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Nothing like a losing streak to bring out the doom and gloom squad.

Also -- lol at meh rotation. Angels starters have combined for a 3.60 ERA, third best in the AL, 8th best in MLB, tied for the AL lead in QSs, 5th in MLB. Second best defensive efficiency in MLB -- behind TB and ahead of KC. Yeah the offense is crappy, but the overreaction to the three game sweep is really pretty ridiculous. Pitching and defense still count, doesn't it?

Some of you whine about the team having no heart -- stop projecting.

I'll continue to project and be wrong maybe sometimes right.

We beat the bottom feeders and look lost vs teams with a pulse for some odd reason

Edited by nando714

Also another huge question is does Sosh have the nads to put CJ Wilson in the pen? 18m dollar middle reliever

We know weaver will never sniff the pen unless it's pre game warm ups or if he's warming up to go in during a game 7 playoff game.

That wouldn't take any nads at all -- the real question is if he's willing to do what everyone knows needs to be done and sends Weaver to the pen.   If Shoemaker gets taken out of the rotation there is no way MS or BS or Matt Klentak -- anyone with the Angels, could be taken seriously.

So I looked at the game logs of CJ Wilson for this season. This season he has started 21 games. In 14 of those games he gave up 3 runs or less, in 5 of those games 5 runs or more. So in 14 of those games he did his job, which is give the team a chance to win the game. Now I don't care for the guy, and don't trust him in a big game, but we are exagerating how bad he has been. In those 14 games where he has given up 3 runs or less, here are some of the teams he has done that against: Houston, Texas, Seattle (twice), Giants, Detroit, Yankees, Boston (part of the sweep), and Minnesota.

None of this means I want him in a playoff rotation, but he is hardly the problem with this team. Oh and before his start the other night, he had given up 3 runs or less in 7 of his previous 8 starts.

"That wouldn't take any nads at all -- the real question is if he's willing to do what everyone knows needs to be done and sends Weaver to the pen. If Shoemaker gets taken out of the rotation there is no way MS or BS or Matt Klentak -- anyone with the Angels, could be taken seriously."

I don't think I even want to see Weaver in the pen throwing 80-82..

Not down the stretch, anyhow.I'm thinking that after a start or two Weave might end up on a long DL stint.

Season ending type of thing.

I think we'll be a playoff team.  Wild Card or maybe another division title.  in the playoffs who knows?

I like our rotation, lined up like this Richards - Heaney - Santiago - CJ - Shoemaker

We obviously have some weak spots. We upgraded LF/DH/bench a bit.  Middle bullpen is shaky.  Hope Rasmus can help.  I like Gott but is he proven?

Is Weaver a factor down the stretch, good or bad?

Curious who the next GM will be and how he'll handle a basically intact farm system being handed to him.

So I looked at the game logs of CJ Wilson for this season. This season he has started 21 games. In 14 of those games he gave up 3 runs or less, in 5 of those games 5 runs or more. So in 14 of those games he did his job, which is give the team a chance to win the game. Now I don't care for the guy, and don't trust him in a big game, but we are exagerating how bad he has been. In those 14 games where he has given up 3 runs or less, here are some of the teams he has done that against: Houston, Texas, Seattle (twice), Giants, Detroit, Yankees, Boston (part of the sweep), and Minnesota.

None of this means I want him in a playoff rotation, but he is hardly the problem with this team. Oh and before his start the other night, he had given up 3 runs or less in 7 of his previous 8 starts.

Where is this teams issue then? Was it just joyce? DH (cron)? The bullpen? You brought up some good facts that I don't want to get confused with. Lol.

We are not a playoff team...sorry...when Weaver returns, it doesn't help us.  We have too many okay players.  We need upgrades at 3rd, LF, C and either 1B or DH.  We need to upgrade

the pitching staff......

BTW.....We still have a few years to worry about wasting Trout's prime.