• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Speaking of municipalities overstepping...

While in theory.  People from your community is a good thing.  Think of all the teacher, and police initiatives we have in LA regarding having them live in your community.  And it may be good because in theory, if you live and work in your community, you may want to make your community better.

But this law is a bit of an overreach.  

Then again, who knows.  Maybe other initiatives were tried and either shot down by the courts, like helping back housing purchases or tuition reimbursement.  And this is the only step they have left?

One of my buddies from high school became a cop.  He lived in Whittier and worked in LA.  He said most of the cops he worked with lived a good distance away for the safety of themselves and their families.  Because they didn't want to run into anyone they'd arrested at a gas station or market. 

Made sense to me. 

While in theory.  People from your community is a good thing.  Think of all the teacher, and police initiatives we have in LA regarding having them live in your community.  And it may be good because in theory, if you live and work in your community, you may want to make your community better.

But this law is a bit of an overreach.  

Then again, who knows.  Maybe other initiatives were tried and either shot down by the courts, like helping back housing purchases or tuition reimbursement.  And this is the only step they have left?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/milwaukee-county-judge-voids-city-of-milwaukee-residency-rule-b99192829z1-242262881.html

In this article written 1.5 years ago it states the law is 75 years old but never really enforced coupled with  the Fire and Police unions being opposed to the limitation of residence. The State opposed it and a County Judge found it unconstitional to a persons liberty to choose residence. I  wonder if a statement sufficient for explanation will be released.  Many workers have moved out of Milwaukee.  This could wind up being a real mess.   I wouldn't want to live where I arrest people.  LAPD at least at one time were advised to live outside of the city of LA.  In Simi Valley, my neighbor who works for LAPD told me his superiors advised him and others to live in Simi Valley or Thousand Oaks, which actually seems a little far. 

One of my buddies from high school became a cop.  He lived in Whittier and worked in LA.  He said most of the cops he worked with lived a good distance away for the safety of themselves and their families.  Because they didn't want to run into anyone they'd arrested at a gas station or market. 

Made sense to me. 

It's funny living in a small town and seeing a cop car pull up to the school to pick up their kids after school is over.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/milwaukee-county-judge-voids-city-of-milwaukee-residency-rule-b99192829z1-242262881.html

In this article written 1.5 years ago it states the law is 75 years old but never really enforced coupled with  the Fire and Police unions being opposed to the limitation of residence. The State opposed it and a County Judge found it unconstitional to a persons liberty to choose residence. I  wonder if a statement sufficient for explanation will be released.  Many workers have moved out of Milwaukee.  This could wind up being a real mess.   I wouldn't want to live where I arrest people.  LAPD at least at one time were advised to live outside of the city of LA.  In Simi Valley, my neighbor who works for LAPD told me his superiors advised him and others to live in Simi Valley or Thousand Oaks, which actually seems a little far. 

How dirty of a cop do you have to be to be able to afford to live in TO?

1. Thousand Oaks, CA Income and Salaries. The income per capita is$46,293, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $100,156.

Cops make what? $70K Salary and another $50-60K in OT?

Made sense to me. 

i heard several years ago that this was the very reason why police should never live in the city where you work.

Made sense to me. 

My cousin (retired cop) has said the best officers in his department were those who lived in the City, or grew up there.

Being a dirty cop would tarnish the family name and bring shame to their wife, kids, and maybe parents and siblings, and also cost them lots of friends.  Living in the city provided the extra incentive to do a good job.

Edited by mp170.6