• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

Anyone watching this season?  If so, what do you think?

Last week's episode with the shootout was the best one so far this season.  This week episode was a little slow, although the scene with Ani at the sexual harassment class was funny.  I am looking forward to next week's episode with Ray confronting Frank about the wrong info he was given on his wife's rapist which led to Ray to kill the wrong guy.

IMO, not as good as the first season, but interesting enough to keep me watching.

This season has been so boring. Outside of maybe 2 or 3 scenes this whole season, its been a complete let down. I keep waiting for something to happen each week and nothing does. Some of these episodes feel like they drag on for eternity.

On the flip side, I'll watch Ray Donovan afterwards and that show just zips by because I'm way more engaged in the story and characters.

Unless something amazing happens, True Detective will be a huge disappointment this season.

Ani and Frank's story is somewhat interesting.  I think Vaughn is doing a decent job with his character.  I couldn't care less about Ray and his red-headed stepson or Paul and his messed up creepy mother.

I can see why people think this season is disappointing.  It's not as engaging as last season.

Less detectiving happening. Not enough conflict between the main characters. Not yet anyway.

Great point.

It really is hard to top the first season.  The character development and interaction between Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey was just spectacular.  Even the fictional world they lived in was more surreal and intriguing.  You were hooked in the first five minutes.

This season is different... I know I have a simple mind but at times I get lost with all the different plot points, and a lot of the personal drama going on is a bit over the top.

It fails at making characters people are interested in. The characters stories this season are all very cliche and played out. I think Colin Farrell is a good actor but he seems so wooden in this series. I realized Rachel McAdams is a terrible actress outside of the romantic comedies she usually does. I actually like Vince Vaughen though and going into the series I wasn't really sure about him. But I think his character is the most interesting of the bunch and really the only storyline I care to see at this point.

When Colin Ferrell got blasted with that shotgun by a guy dressed like a crow I was like, ok, this show is about to take off and get weird and be in line with the first season. I figured there would be some cult brought into it and some strange crap happening in the hills of LA. But nope, nothing.

I have a sneaking suspicion that all of the ridiculous dialogue and lack of story direction is not going to pay off and it will be 8 episodes of why in the hell didn't someone step in and rewrite thus clusterfrack.

I would be interested in what DowningRules thinks of it so far.

It's been boring so far for me. Actually fell asleep during a few episodes. Vaughn can't play his character, unless that character is meant to always have a perplexed facial expression.

On the plus side, it looks like actual detective work is about to happen with their secret assignment.