• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

Where Ferrell died was somewhere in a Sequoia grove. Which means he had to drive around 6 hours to get to Sequoia National Park and would have been around a crap load of tourists.

Also, I'm sure we all recognized the new train station right across from the Big A during the hard drive exchange scene. I've only seen it from the outside driving on the 57. That place looks insanely nice inside.

I don't think the Mexicans were with the mayors son. They were running drugs through the clubs and then Vaughn took the clubs back when he jumped back in the game. Their initial meeting was that the Mexicans had an arrangement with the previous owners, which is how they came to be what ended up being big players in the finale.

I don't think it was connected to the mayors son.

Yeah, I was glad that they didn't try to pass-off the new Anaheim train station as being LA.

I don't think it was the worst show I've ever sen, but it's certainly not the best.  I have a few issues with this last episode...

1.  With all that cash in the trunk, and being the most-wanted man on earth...  I believe I could've put-off seeing my kid for awhile to flee safely with my stash and new girlfriend.  If not, he should've taken quicker action to ditch the tactical team.  He could have easily pulled into an alley, parked sideways to block the following car, stolen a new ride, and split.

2.  As soon as Frank stopped too close to the Cadi in front of him, I knew he was done.  I'm very curious as to how those guys found him, though.

3.  The scene between Frank and his girl as he's trying to get her to leave was really forced and stupid.  I lol'd at them throwing their rings away.

4.  Once you've decided to try and escape into the woods, don't bring a shotgun to an AR-15 fight.

Hopefully, season 3 isn't about the obvious new baby growing-up to get revenge...

The only thing that reall bugged me in the finale was the whole scene at the train station. I think they may have filmed that scene after they filmed the rest of the series because it seems like Colin Farrell forgot what voice he used during the other scenes. His voice is incredibly more raspy and it came off as someone trying to mimick his voice from other scenes. It just stood out a lot to me.

Ah yea, one more issue I had with the last episode. The final scene where the girls are leaving with the baby. Of course they don't mention where, and why the hell are they leaving something open when the series ends. Season 3 isn't going to be a second part to this story so why the **** would you leave a cliffhanger?

idiotic

Question.. I didn't watch season 1, but I know the basic backstory of it being in Louisiana.   There's absolutely no connection between seasons 1-2 is there?

If not, why are people worried about this carrying over into season 3?

You kind of always knew, it was the Mexicans, the one group who he didn't give a shit about the whole show, would be his undoing.

He kills everyone to clean his trail, and the mexicans pop up.  

In the end, if Frank lays low, and Ray and Ani all make it to Venezuela… everyone is up in arms that it ended so weakly.

The train scene was good, but very predictable.  You know Ani was going to come in and save Ray's ass.

I agree with the Ray voice thing.   It was extra gravely for that part.   

Ah yea, one more issue I had with the last episode. The final scene where the girls are leaving with the baby. Of course they don't mention where, and why the hell are they leaving something open when the series ends. Season 3 isn't going to be a second part to this story so why the **** would you leave a cliffhanger?

idiotic

It's not a cliff hanger it was filler. Look, the kids is Farrel's, he finally got his son he always wanted and the girls got what they wanted, a baby without the problems men bring. It was pretty obvious she was a lesbo that hadn't reconciled she hated men while Vaughn's wife simply wants someone to smother her with affection. A match made in Vinci, women who come out of the closet.

This was a poorly written, acted and directed series that tried to save itself by having shootouts with lots of squibs and supposedly deep and meaningful endings to the last two characters. They threw away the CHP gay guy without an afterthought of how it can be interpreted that once you go male gay society won't accept your return to heterosexual life. If you were hoping for production quality of the first you were disappointed.

I was hoping for better.

Yeah, I was glad that they didn't try to pass-off the new Anaheim train station as being LA.

I don't think it was the worst show I've ever sen, but it's certainly not the best. I have a few issues with this last episode

2. As soon as Frank stopped too close to the Cadi in front of him, I knew he was done. I'm very curious as to how those guys found him, though.

The guys who gave Frank the clean passports and 2 fast cars double crossed him. The cars had trackers on them from the beginning.

The last confrontation with the mayors son, Vaughn's character should have headed Aristotle's advice: in difficult times wise men say nothing. They were jacking his car and leaving him to walk, just stfu and walk.

By the way the location is outside Victorville in an area we often go to shoot. Popular for dirt bikes as well.

A long time ago me and friend watched from an outcropping, in an area not far from there, a helicopter drop in to make an exchange with some guys in a black Lincoln. It seemed like forever hiking back to the truck and longer still driving out of there with our guns on the seat ready for any Lincoln pulling up alongside.

I was thinking the same thing. Johnson valley, right? Used to ride out there on the lake bed.

This season had me scratching my head. I only understood about 50 percent of the plot until I read the Slate article Brandon posted. Now I understand it a little more. But it seems like the writers tried to make the plot complex but ended up making it convoluted.

I did think the final four episodes were strong television.