• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

From what I understand...and there's very little I understand about this season...the show runner was the director this year or something like that?

Hell, when wanna be Rust #4 was shot...I had to think back and try and place the guy who shot him...while still being confused about why Huggy Bear kidnapped him

The first series of True Detective I set aside time to watch the episode on On Demand, even if that would mean cutting into my sleep schedule. I'd even watch the episode a second time to make sure I was clear as to what I saw or may have missed.

There is really no reason to put that much thought into this one and it may have ruined the franchise value.

The first series of True Detective I set aside time to watch the episode on On Demand, even if that would mean cutting into my sleep schedule. I'd even watch the episode a second time to make sure I was clear as to what I saw or may have missed.

There is really no reason to put that much thought into this one and it may have ruined the franchise value.

Show has never cut into my sleep schedule, haven't stayed awake through a single episode. When the season comes out on disc they should put the box right next to the tylenol/pm at the store. 

From what I understand...and there's very little I understand about this season...the show runner was the director this year or something like that?

Hell, when wanna be Rust #4 was shot...I had to think back and try and place the guy who shot him...while still being confused about why Huggy Bear kidnapped him

Yeah I have no idea who it was that shot him.  He got into what looked like a police car.  At first I thought it was short haired chicks partner but nope.

Also, I have no idea who the black guy was.  Maybe one of the cops he was looking into?

Edited by nate

I think what I pieced together. The black guy was part of "Catalyst", which was the new name of the private security/milita he was part of in Iraq. The Catalyst security group was hired by...someone tied to...umm...sex parties...DaVinci...land...eurotrash..????? One of those groups, or are they the same group?

I think what I pieced together. The black guy was part of "Catalyst", which was the new name of the private security/milita he was part of in Iraq. The Catalyst security group was hired by...someone tied to...umm...sex parties...DaVinci...land...eurotrash..????? One of those groups, or are they the same group?

Correct.

When the dudes that did the gay stuff walked in the shot cop asked if or was Black Mountain related the other dude said no, it's Catalyst and said they just want to talk.

Kind of.

If I remember correctly, Nic Pizza lot (sp?) is still the writer and show runner, but Cary Fukajima (sp?) directed last season but is just a producer this season.

I'm enjoying it actually.  

Although I didn't know I was supposed to be taking notes.  

I'm enjoying it actually.  

Although I didn't know I was supposed to be taking notes.  

lol Doc.  I should have been taking notes because I won't be able to pass the test. 

Thanks ALB!  That helps.  I was mostly following everything.

So my guess is the reason they killed Caspere is that the mayor's kid wanted to put pressure on his dad so he could take over as mayor.

Edited by nate

Ok, I just read an article in Business Insider that explains all the plot lines in the series.  It pretty much clears up all the questions I had.

The problem I have is that I shouldn't have to read an article to make sense of the series.

Here is the link to the article.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-things-know-true-detective-124556629.html

Edited by IEAngelsfan

I thought this past episode was pretty good.  Probably one of the two most interesting along with the shootout episode.

****Warning:  Sexist thought incoming*****

One of the larger strengths that season 1 killed season 2 with was the sprinkling of smoking hot, naked actresses into the mix (Alexandra Daddario).  I would've bet my house that Franks wife would be seen naked as she has a nice rack and has that smoldery/sleepy look I've come to enjoy.  I would've enjoyed more of that.

Crazy, I never think like that. It reminds me when dudes watch terrible movies but always say, "but so and so was in it/naked" like it makes the movie better.

Dude, we should start a site where movies are scored on nudity only. We can have a portion where someone reputable gives critical analysis on areola size or butt crack length. I think this could actually go somewhere.