• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

It's been boring so far for me. Actually fell asleep during a few episodes. Vaughn can't play his character, unless that character is meant to always have a perplexed facial expression.

On the plus side, it looks like actual detective work is about to happen with their secret assignment.

The only VV scene I enjoyed was the one where he beats up the Polynesian guy and yanks out his teeth. Other than that, I only care about how the cops lives blow up.

been a big letdown since last season was so damn good.

Feels like one of those crappy detective shows you see on cable that are a dime a dozen.

With that being said, I'm still watching and enjoying it.

Edited by Poozy

I really like this season. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to last season but I'm still interested to see the story unfold.

Here's a pretty long write up summarizing the last episode and tying some of the storyline together.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/22/9011429/true-detective-season-2-episode-5-explain-details-characters-plot-help-recap

So this whole series comes down to what Delcoro does next.  Does he drive them to the DA to turn the paperwork over or does he take it to Semyon?

Also of course that girl they picked up is going to know where the hard drive is.

It fails at making characters people are interested in. The characters stories this season are all very cliche and played out. I think Colin Farrell is a good actor but he seems so wooden in this series. I realized Rachel McAdams is a terrible actress outside of the romantic comedies she usually does. I actually like Vince Vaughen though and going into the series I wasn't really sure about him. But I think his character is the most interesting of the bunch and really the only storyline I care to see at this point.

You like Matthew "I have no range beyond my southern accent" McC yet you call McAdams a terrible actress?

post-748-0-78828000-1438555781_thumb.jpg

The angsty guy got killed.  He was the most annoying character so that is good at least.  No idea how this will end.

Hell I still have no idea what the **** is going on..

something about diamonds....I think...

Edited by Poozy

I like it, it's just different.

All of last season it was just linear with them trying to find the Yellow King or whatever that dudes name was. This season they doubled the starring cast and have been anything but linear and tying it all up at the end.

I still don't get who, how, or why that dude was shotgunned in the third episode or so but then it wasn't real shells. I don't know why they threw in certain scenes either, like raiding the webcam chicks, a couple of the dad scenes, or when they visited the mayors house.