• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things to do in Irvine

Tank. Nonsense. Plenty to do. What are you looking for? I live in Irvine.

If your kid is at 5SOS at meadows I might suggest Yardhouse which is right next to the venue at Spectrum.

Plenty of TVs and eye candy. If you are looking for a dive bar, there's the Iron Mule off Bake (2 miles from venue). Also BWW is at lake forest (mile from venue and in its own small lot (if you want to avoid Spectrum).

That's just stuff in the vicinity. Plenty of good eats. In that BWW center is Peppinos, good Italian food. The Hat is across the street from that if you are craving pastrami.

I've got other suggestions.

If your kid is at 5SOS at meadows I might suggest Yardhouse which is right next to the venue at Spectrum.

Plenty of TVs and eye candy. If you are looking for a dive bar, there's the Iron Mule off Bake (2 miles from venue). Also BWW is at lake forest (mile from venue and in its own small lot (if you want to avoid Spectrum).

That's just stuff in the vicinity. Plenty of good eats. In that BWW center is Peppinos, good Italian food. The Hat is across the street from that if you are craving pastrami.

yes, she'll be at the 5SOS concert with some friends. i'm dropping them off at 3 so they can hear the sound check and meet up with some other friends.

what is BWW?

yard house is a good suggestion. thanks.

is there a movie theater nearby? 

p.s. i noticed immediately you didn't invite me to your house. it's because i didn't really like the smiths, isn't it?

yes, she'll be at the 5SOS concert with some friends. i'm dropping them off at 3 so they can hear the sound check and meet up with some other friends.

what is BWW?

yard house is a good suggestion. thanks.

is there a movie theater nearby?

p.s. i noticed immediately you didn't invite me to your house. it's because i didn't really like the smiths, isn't it?

Eh, it's a Monday night and my house is full of kids. And I'm sure you figured out when we were on the same aw softball team a few years ago I'm pretty boring.

BWW is Buffalo Wild Wings.

As for Yardhouse, there is a movie theater there, and it's a really good one. Also there's a Javier's, Cucina Enoteca, Del Friscos and a ton of other options.

Spectrum is your best bet.

Nailed it! ^

Is Captains still there?!  It's been awhile... 8}

It truly is a vanilla city. There are no real hole in the wall places like a lot of other cities, at least none that I know of.

?

Since we moved out here we have been very impressed with the creativity type places aimed at the college kids/campus.

I wasn't really thinking Tank would be interested in places like BWW or Yardhouse. I assumed if he asked about things to do in Irvine he was looking for something maybe a little more unique. If Tank wants some good margaritas I would recommend Javier's, but I don't remember if they have TVs in the bar. I don't live down there so Soto and Brandon would have better knowledge. My experience with Irvine is its kind of commercial and has less little hole in the wall places than others.

Edited by Stradling

I wasn't really thinking Tank would be interested in places like BWW or Yardhouse. I assumed if he asked about things to do in Irvine he was looking for something maybe a little more unique. If Tank wants some good margaritas I would recommend Javier's, but I don't remember if they have TVs in the bar. I don't live down there so Soto and Brandon would have better knowledge. My experience with Irvine is its kind of commercial and has less little hole in the wall places than others.

Your experience is correct. It is as suburbia as it gets

We have a yard house in Pasadena. They use soy products in several dishes, and we like them. They also have a bunch of TVs so I may end up there.

Thanks for the info.

Man, I've totally forgotten about that softball game, Soto. Was it the one where I hit eight homers or nine? I'm a tad foggy on the details.

Tank is a non drinking vegetarian if anyone wants to add to the thread. But if any of you hadn't noticed he keeps asking for movie theaters. You know, away from where he lives so no one will spot him going to Magic Mike XXL.

Tank is a non drinking vegetarian if anyone wants to add to the thread. But if any of you hadn't noticed he keeps asking for movie theaters. You know, away from where he lives so no one will spot him going to Magic Mike XXL.

shush, you.

it's rated R, right?

Learn farsi or mandarin.  

On a more or less serious note, if you're into ethnic foods, there's an awesome market called Wholesome Choice on Culver west of the 405.  It's a kind of third world knock off of Whole Foods.  It's the face of new America without the mexicans.  Order the bread called "sangkak."  It's delicious and cheap and cooked right in front of you, to order.  There's also a food-to-go area with excellent kabobs, indian food, chinese.  Basically it's a UN of diarrhea.  But well worth the blowout.