• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Active shooter incident reported at Chattanooga naval reserve center

I think I went overboard using "spurious" and "dubious" in the same post.

Kind of sounded like a hipster trying to sound intelligent.

I had to look it up...we have it easy now and just google it.

In the 70's you used that word while I was high, I would have just said, ya man, I dig it. 

Another service ace by MT.  He made me have to look up "spurious." I do agree though, these things I let the smoke clear before jumping in.  

Admit it, you thought Spurious had to do with the San Antonio Spurs or a World Cup player from Italy.

So now I have to tell my Eva Longoria story.  Neighborhood I lived in had one of those 5 lane or whatever pools.  My kids were D players but we went. I usually helped with traffic. Those of you who have done this know from these swim meets they take all day and 6 or so neighborhoods are showing up.

Place was full and we cone off a couple spots for emergency vehicles. Couple Escalades roll in and one pulls up and the window rolls down and it is Eva. I looked over and saw Tony driving, cutest damn thing. Can we park here?, no but up above you can and move the car down later.   Seems they scheduled a swim meet while Spurs and their posse wanted to play hold-em in the clubhouse. They stared at me with a blank stare and I stared back in 5 seconds I see green or tits or F you. 

Both Escalades shoot right up into the two handicap spots in front of the clubhouse.  We have a Constable cruise around for traffic and I showed him the Escalades.  He goes inside where they are at and walks out and slaps tickets on their windshields.  Remember, not all cops are bad, this guy was my hero. 

Wow, did this thread derail at a new record pace...

Anyway, there is no way to prevent these attacks.  The label on the attacker only matters to politicians.  We all can become collateral-damage to these attacks; they are directed at military, police, and government and we've seen government buildings bombed before which caused casualties to civilian and federal employees and their families.

I'm an advocate for CCW instead of open-carry, but neither of those options would've prevented this guy from shooting from his parked car.  The CCW guy probably wouldn't even have noticed a suspicious person sitting in his car, and the wack-job open-carrying his AR-15 may have just made himself the first target.

I do believe that every person in military or police uniform should be armed at all times, because those are the new targets (other than cartoonists drawing "Him").  I don't think it would have prevented this, but it certainly is more of a deterrent.

Apparently, this guy wasn't even being looked at and wasn't on anyones' radar.  He sounds like a model citizen according to neighbors.  I'm sure that all the pieces will fall into place as the investigation continues though, and there may be some red flags that were missed.

Condolences to the families and Marine Corp family ("You might kill us, but you'll never beat us!).  And, excellent response by Chattanooga Police to end the wacko.

Obama has not ordered flags flown at half staff at federal facilities, but he did enjoy a Broadway play after the attacks.

What a disgrace.

And, he just spanked-down a reporter for asking too tough a question regarding our civilian detainees over-seas...  He can't move-out of the White House fast enough for me.

Apparently, this guy wasn't even being looked at and wasn't on anyones' radar.  He sounds like a model citizen according to neighbors.  I'm sure that all the pieces will fall into place as the investigation continues though, and there may be some red flags that were missed.

Condolences to the families and Marine Corp family ("You might kill us, but you'll never beat us!).  And, excellent response by Chattanooga Police to end the wacko.

As a country, I think we need to get past the arrogant notion that other humans' unpredictable, violent, and sometimes homicidal behavior is 100% predictable.  Let's face it, our perceptive abilities are not that great.

I'm so sick of political grandstanding when these tragedies occur.  There's always at least one politician pointing to some "failure" of the system, followed by a hollow pledge to fix something that isn't fixable. 

And, he just spanked-down a reporter for asking too tough a question regarding our civilian detainees over-seas...  He can't move-out of the White House fast enough for me.

It will be interesting to see if he attends any of the funerals of the servicemen. I can't imagine that he would not attend, but with this guy you never know. When he was speaking about their deaths the other day it was in a weird monotone, completely expressionless.