• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Texas Denies American-Born Children Of Immigrants Citizenship

I believe we have many laws to limit gun ownership which is supposedly protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Therefore it isn't a stretch that there could be a law limiting birthright citizenship to those who have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen.

In the comments you have the Constitution-Cons screaming screw the 14th Amendment. Cons need to get me CliffsNotes on just which Amendments are good to be changed and which are not.  

I guess the answer would be the Founding Fathers didn't write it so it is fair game. 

this.

In white people's defense, It's a lot different coming over from Ireland and registering at Ellis Island than it is crossing the desert and getting a job roofing in El Paso.

Though it was also an easier process then than it is now (obviously)

Edited by TobiasFunke

In the comments you have the Constitution-Cons screaming screw the 14th Amendment. Cons need to get me CliffsNotes on just which Amendments are good to be changed and which are not.

I guess the answer would be the Founding Fathers didn't write it so it is fair game.

The 14th amendment was intended for freed slaves, not immigration.

Jade Helm?

Jade Helm exercises started today. Now the announcement of this, maybe Obama isn't really taking over the country but gonna go round up small brown people. That Obama is tricky, he keeps trying to make himself look good, this could be a historic day. 

Obama fools all and deports all of Texas and steals Trumps voters, rewrites 22nd Amendment and BOOM, Obama/Hillary 2016.  

The 14th amendment was intended for freed slaves, not immigration.

You claim to be a fan of logic. Let's use some.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

The use of the word "ALL" ,even in 1868, shows an unambiguous intent of inclusion. Since it was written after the war it could easily have been written to mention those born as slaves. It doesn't. I would not oppose a change to state that the parents prove that they have legal right to be in the country but at this time I don't see any wiggle room for granting the babies their citizenship.

You claim to be a fan of logic. Let's use some.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

The use of the word "ALL" ,even in 1868, shows an unambiguous intent of inclusion. Since it was written after the war it could easily have been written to mention those born as slaves. It doesn't. I would not oppose a change to state that the parents prove that they have legal right to be in the country but at this time I don't see any wiggle room for granting the babies their citizenship.

Well, considering the US already ignores the second part of section 1.  (see drug asset seizures that CA is trying to fix, but law enforcement is opposed to)  Might as well ignore all of it.

Cons: The 14th amendment doesn't really mean what it says

Libs: The 2nd amendment doesn't really mean what is says

In unison: It's too hard to create a new amendment!

I am a con and I think all means all.  I would tell critics of that portion of the 14th amendment the same that I tell critics of the 2nd amendment.  If you don't like it, the constitution provides the opportunity to change it.