• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Re: Pujols - Whatever Happened To...?

Lou

Lou, he's been paid $63M, which I said in that post. $88M is prorated for the yearly average.

I don't know what your left field fantasy has to do with whether or not Pujols is worth the money.

Let me ask you a question: Would you offer Pujols that $250 million contract again?

that has nothing to do with this thread

i would, however, have agreed to pay him $63M for his 3.5 years of production

That's a tough call, imo. It might be close to market value, but it is hardly "worth every penny."

He's at 2.4 fWAR now. Let's say he slows down a bit but plays well and finishes with 4.0. That would put him at 11.1 for $75 million. That's not far from the market value for WAR, but I personally wouldn't feel good about paying that.

That Pujols is not "worth every penny." Yes, I'm glad he's hitting well, but his contract still sucks and no matter what rosy angle Lou wants to look from, we can't separate a portion of his contract from the whole thing.

But yeah, I'm enjoying him mashing.

actually, i can separate a portion of his contract, and did so

his entire contract is another topic altogether

read my statement again:  " ...has been worth..."

Edited by Lou

That Pujols is not "worth every penny." Yes, I'm glad he's hitting well, but his contract still sucks and no matter what rosy angle Lou wants to look from, we can't separate a portion of his contract from the whole thing.

But yeah, I'm enjoying him mashing.

Lou is at least using honest math.

That's a tough call, imo. It might be close to market value, but it is hardly "worth every penny."

He's at 2.4 fWAR now. Let's say he slows down a bit but plays well and finishes with 4.0. That would put him at 11.1 for $75 million. That's not far from the market value for WAR, but I personally wouldn't feel good about paying that.

let's say he heats up even more...

It's only a $250 million contract if he plays it out. If he quits 2 or 3 years early it cuts the AAV of the money actually paid. So as Lou has pointed out, what he's done so far isn't that far out of line with what he's been paid. If he stays in the 850 range for the next few years it starts looking better.

I know you're saying that he hasn't been paid $25M per in actual dollars but your argument is ridiculous. Like that makes his contract any more bearable. 

this has nothing to do with his entire contract

go ahead and start a different thread if you care to discuss that topic.

aj will help you

I know you're saying that he hasn't been paid $25M per in actual dollars but your argument is ridiculous. Like that makes his contract any more bearable.

Of course it makes it more bearable. He was signed for more than what he does on the field.

Of course it makes it more bearable. He was signed for more than what he does on the field.

I look forward to his base running coaching expertise for youngsters at the "kids run around the bases" days when he's done playing.

"Stop sign? Mang, red means go balls to the wall!" With cardboard dummies of Ebel and Disar.

It's only a $250 million contract if he plays it out. If he quits 2 or 3 years early it cuts the AAV of the money actually paid. So as Lou has pointed out, what he's done so far isn't that far out of line with what he's been paid. If he stays in the 850 range for the next few years it starts looking better.

He's not gonna retire early.