• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Re: Pujols - Whatever Happened To...?

Lou

I look forward to his base running coaching expertise for youngsters at the "kids run around the bases" days when he's done playing.

"Stop sign? Mang, red means go balls to the wall!" With cardboard dummies of Ebel and Disar.

Haha. I know he is overpaid over the length of his contract but I love having him part of the organization. He is a good mentor to Trout, he is good in the community, even though I can't prove it, I truly believe he is part of the reason that the TV contract is so high, which gives the team financial flexibliity. He also just happens to be a pretty damn good player.

Bottom line is that Pujols has been worth what he's been paid SO FAR. The real question is why haven't we put better teams around him? Especially considering no one expected Trout to be this good. Payroll wise we have acted like we were paying Pujols the full $30 million when we were paying him considerably less. What will this team look like when Trout is getting paid and Albert is making the $30m and not producing at this level?

Haha. I know he is overpaid over the length of his contract but I love having him part of the organization. He is a good mentor to Trout, he is good in the community, even though I can't prove it, I truly believe he is part of the reason that the TV contract is so high, which gives the team financial flexibliity. He also just happens to be a pretty damn good player.

How do we know he is a good mentor to Trout? Just asking. And why is he a good mentor to Trout and not the other 24 guys.

Why wasn't he a good mentor to Mathis? What is he to Aybar, un tio?

Bottom line is that Pujols has been worth what he's been paid SO FAR. The real question is why haven't we put better teams around him? Especially considering no one expected Trout to be this good. Payroll wise we have acted like we were paying Pujols the full $30 million when we were paying him considerably less. What will this team look like when Trout is getting paid and Albert is making the $30m and not producing at this level?

I think he should back end some money Bobby Bonilla style, so we can still pay him in 2064. We need a happy Pujols day!

How do we know he is a good mentor to Trout? Just asking. And why is he a good mentor to Trout and not the other 24 guys.

You can tell he is close to Aybar, I am sure he is a good mentor to all the players, but he and Trout have a lot in common. They both came up and were instantly great generational players. It would be tough to be a good mentor to Mathis since he never played on the same team as Mathis.

Because Mathis was traded before Pujols became an Angel?

Aybar is his special friend.

RoyalsAngels%20JFS%206-27-14%200067.JPG

You can tell he is close to Aybar, I am sure he is a good mentor to all the players, but he and Trout have a lot in common. They both came up and were instantly great generational players. It would be tough to be a good mentor to Mathis since he never played on the same team as Mathis.

Albert is very friendly with players from other teams. They both wore Angel 5. They are practically kindred spirits.

Common sense and reality.

Ok, we will play this game. Let's say you do everything right and you save your money, you play off all of your bills and your house. You have a 401k and that will help you live comfortably the rest of your life. However you get a sizable raise your last few years of work, and you can keep working to make that same amount of money, or you could retire, because you have enough money saved to never work again. Do you retire, or do you work because you like that you make good money? Now keep in mind, Albert's 401k has $10's of millions of dollars in it.

How bout you provide your sources, smart guy?

1if

conjunction \ˈif, əf\

—used to talk about the result or effect of something that may happen or be true

—used to discuss the imaginary result or effect of something that did not happen or that is or was not true

—used to say that something must happen before another thing can happen

A. It would be incredibly stupid on his part

B. It would conjure up a shit storm with the mlbpa that I'm sure he wants no part of

C. He doesn't care about the Angels as much as you think, he wants to get paid just like everyone else

Why would it be stupid

Players union means very little to him after he retires

Guys like you will tell you he cares about his legacy, so does he care more about his legacy or the Angels?