• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good for Dipoto

Chuck

if he had lost respect from the manager and the owner, and if they were preventing him from doing his job as he was promised, he was absolutely 100% correct to quit now.

there's a lot we don't know still, so as things are revealed, which we know won't be much, it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

would you tolerate a hostile work environment that was keeping you from doing the job you were promised and making your miserable in the process?

I suspect that these "hostile work environment" theories are greatly exaggerated. 

There's obviously a lot we don't know, but Dipoto did agree to an extension only a few weeks ago–if his workplace was so "hostile," then why did he agree to stay on the team through 2016?

I suspect that these "hostile work environment" theories are greatly exaggerated.

There's obviously a lot we don't know, but Dipoto did agree to an extension only a few weeks ago–if his workplace was so "hostile," then why did he agree to stay on the team through 2016?

Extension signed months ago, just announced weeks ago

If that was the case the angels would have acknowledged it. Moreno did not want it to go that way.

Also Dipoto loses his contract by resigning. The Angels would have to pay him off if he was fired.

What if he chose to resign instead of getting fired?

I am really bummed that this has happened. Jedi is a good dude.

I will repeat myself. It is a cardinal sin to quit in the middle of the season. As i joked in another thread Scioscia could have dropped his pants and pissed all over JD scouting reports and he still should not quit in the middle of the season.

if he had lost respect from the manager and the owner, and if they were preventing him from doing his job as he was promised, he was absolutely 100% correct to quit now.

there's a lot we don't know still, so as things are revealed, which we know won't be much, it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

would you tolerate a hostile work environment that was keeping you from doing the job you were promised and making your miserable in the process?

if jerry was putting info together that could have helped the players and the team, and the manager wouldn't use it and the owner supported him, that could easily equate to a hostile work environment. it's a part of the job he was hired for, and he's being point blank dismissed. not a good situation.

sosh has a pretty good layer of insulation around him, so i'm not expecting we'll hear much about how he conducts business in his clubhouse. but it seems pretty clear (again) that he's running the show and no one, not even the GM, is going to question how he does things.

sosh has become our version of col. jessup.

if jerry was putting info together that could have helped the players and the team, and the manager wouldn't use it and the owner supported him, that could easily equate to a hostile work environment. it's a part of the job he was hired for, and he's being point blank dismissed. not a good situation.

sosh has a pretty good layer of insulation around him, so i'm not expecting we'll hear much about how he conducts business in his clubhouse. but it seems pretty clear (again) that he's running the show and no one, not even the GM, is going to question how he does things.

Or so it seems.

22 years as a college and semi pro basketball coach and scout. I am not making this up. You commit for the season. You don't quit in the middle of one. That is the worst you can do.

I grew up in a baseball family...Dad pitched in the Phillies org for years...I have Gene Mauch's hat in my garage. I got to hear about Golden and Cardinal Rules and how they were arbitrarily applied to fit the situation. Unless there's a book titled "Cardinal Rules" and you can list the passage stamped authenticated and endorsed bY the baseball Gods, they are twaddle envoked when convenient

I will repeat myself. It is a cardinal sin to quit in the middle of the season. As i joked in another thread Scioscia could have dropped his pants and pissed all over JD scouting reports and he still should not quit in the middle of the season.

and obviously there are people who disagree with you.

Shut the F up Storm.  If he was not being allowed to do his job, he had every right to quit.

Of course, he's not a slave. Still not a positive career move. If he's passionate enough to quit he probably liked being a GM and still wants to be one somewhere else.

If he has come to the conclusion he doesn't want prominent front office role than fine, tell your critics to kiss your *** you're done working to make them look good. 

If your dad pitched for the Phillies, he would also say your never quit in the middle of a season.

I grew up in a baseball family...Dad pitched in the Phillies org for years...I have Gene Mauch's hat in my garage. I got to hear about Golden and Cardinal Rules and how they were arbitrarily applied to fit the situation. Unless there's a book titled "Cardinal Rules" and you can list the passage stamped authenticated and endorsed bY the baseball Gods, they are twaddle envoked when convenient

You are clearly clueless when it comes to sports. I am not saying he shouldn't quit. I am saying you don't quit in the middle of the season. I am sorry your experience in fantasy league fails to let you understand that concept.

Shut the F up Storm. If he was not being allowed to do his job, he had every right to quit.

You are clearly clueless when it comes to sports. I am not saying he shouldn't quit. I am saying you don't quit in the middle of the season. I am sorry your experience in fantasy league fails to let you understand that concept.

Hahaha....yes, you are the expert.  That is why you are posting on a message board and not working in the MLB.  Shut up ahole.  Everybody has called you out for your stupid comments in this thread.

If your dad pitched for the Phillies, he would also say your never quit in the middle of a season.

Actually, his exact quote on Scioscia was "if wanted to see a Dinosaur go through the motions, I'd go see Jurassic World again". He gets insight into the modern game when he golf's a few times a year with Bob Apadaca and he's not stuck in the 60's. "Life's too short"...words of wisdom

Scioscia 

Bob_Barnes.jpg

Dipoto

6afc88ae423069fe0a2551cf75432427.jpg

Pujols

john-mcginley-platoon1.jpg?w=468&h=309

Aybar the gullible grunt

Bunny-0.jpg

Trout

Sheen_As_Taylor1-1024x679.jpg

Edited by Section517

It has a lot to do with me being a player, coach, and scout for several organizations.

So are a lot of people, myself included, and this is news to me.

I bet a lot of people in the organization understand why he left. It's not a cardinal sin. Stop making stuff up.