• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders

Who do you guys think should pay for this so-called free college? The "wealthiest one percent?" According to Obama, they don't pay their fair share of anything (even though they are taxed at a higher rate than anyone).

I am all for helping a bit, particulalry low income kids. I have no problem with a small percentage of tax revenue going to grants and low income loans.

But here is what the cynic in me believes: I will still be stuck paying my own loans and then asked to start paying for others. When it comes time for my kids to go to college, I will be told they don't qualify for assistance because I make too much money. I will have to sacrifice things I want (retirement savings, cars, vacations, whatever) in order to pay for others who won't have to save because they will get free college. Those same people will lose whatever motivation they may have had to work hard and save for college because Uncle Barry and Uncle Bernie and Great Aunt Hilary are paying the bill for them (well, taking from me to pay the bill).

What am I missing?

Those are some fair questions phil.

I would think that any proposal discussing future college students would need to address current attendees, and people with existing student loans. I haven't seen details of the plan Clinton recently announced on the student loan subject.

As for who pays...that's another question that I would think needs to be addressed. Off the top of my head I would suggest looking at closing loopholes for companies that are shipping jobs offshore. 

Seems to be a strong anti-establishment push with Sanders and Trump getting lots of attention.

When all is said and done we'll return to our nice, warm, familiar, cozy blanket of Clinton vs. Bush.

That's like one of the blankets we gave to the Indians awhile back.

I would think that any proposal discussing future college students would need to address current attendees, and people with existing student loans. I haven't seen details of the plan Clinton recently announced on the student loan subject.

As for who pays...that's another question that I would think needs to be addressed. Off the top of my head I would suggest looking at closing loopholes for companies that are shipping jobs offshore.

This is what I can't stand about modern liberalism. It's always more regulation and more regulation. Liberals don't realize that too much regulation is what caused companies in the U.S. to outsource in the first place.

"Too much regulation" like, I don't know, a liveable wage? Horrible. Environmental protection laws? What are they thinking?

No regulation and, well, you've got the 19th century.

$15/hr minimum wage.  Fine.  How does paid medical, dental and vision benefits factor in to the equation (we are under 50 employees, so not required to provide.  However, we have prided ourselves on always providing this benefit), 401k matching, and life insurance?  Oh, it doesn't factor in

3 days accrued sick pay.  OK.  How does that factor in when they already get two weeks paid time off accrued per year?  Oh, it doesn't, because this defined as sick time and paid time off doesn't count

Environmental protection...we on occasion would cut and weld stainless steel for a customer that made a water cabinet or such for Airbus.  We would get one job per year, for maybe $4,000.  Takes us 4 hours.  AQMD wanted us to apply for a permit as though we were welding/cutting stainless 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even though we had documentation of the compressed gases we used.  So we declined to work with stainless.  Don't even get me started on what they classify as stormdrain runoff

I'm fine with reasonable regulations.  But there is no "common sense" to any of these agencies.  And you're really screwed if you can't afford a lobbyist. 

Then there's this nonsense:

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-inmate-transgender-20150810-story.html#page=1

In a first, California agrees to pay for transgender inmate's sex reassignment

This has nothing to do with Sanders but it's just another example of batshit crazy liberal/progressive stupidity.

Is that something you think about sometimes, when you're alone in the dark? Hillary in handcuffs?

When sitting alone in the dark, some people think of super relatable gals from Chicago in handcuffs, so people think of drum sets. 

Don't judge. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-inmate-transgender-20150810-story.html#page=1

This has nothing to do with Sanders but it's just another example of batshit crazy liberal/progressive stupidity.

And as you said, it has nothing to do with Sanders, but thanks for bringing it up.  I'm sure there was a good reason for doing that.

"Too much regulation" like, I don't know, a liveable wage? Horrible. Environmental protection laws? What are they thinking?

No regulation and, well, you've got the 19th century.

Don't you think there will be serious inflation with a $15 minimum wage? And don't you think companies would reduce hiring, layoff employees, and/or simply shut their doors? Or better yet, relocate to a state with cheaper labor (e.g., Texas)?

Do you not believe those things will be a natural product of a $15 minimum wage?

3 days accrued sick pay. OK. How does that factor in when they already get two weeks paid time off accrued per year? Oh, it doesn't, because this defined as sick time and paid time off doesn't count

Actually, you can use PTO to satisfy the new sick leave requirement. If you already give your employees two weeks of PTO, you can tweek your policies to include sick leave with only minimal burden to the employer.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/08/12/lion-guard-return-of-the-roar/

Another: Why are the cost growing at such an rate compare to inflation? Who is getting rich with the dramatic increases? Nothing seems to indicate it is the faculty, administration, or anyone else at universities themselves. At least not in any way that is different than in the past. Well besides the racket known as textbooks.