• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eddy Julio Martinez

It would be nice to see the Angels actually take advantage of the fact that they're over the international bonus limit for this signing period.  The top rated Cuban player by MLB.com is free to sign in this period and would add what the farm seems to need most of all--a high upside position player. 

The likelihood it happens seems low but here's to hoping. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2015/#list=int

The Angels have every reason to do it, but something tells me they won't. Just because things that make sense rarely ever happen in the big leagues.  The last one that I remember thinking was going to happen and it actually came to fruition was Mark Teixeira.  Maybe Dan Haren or Zack Greinke, but not really.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet on it.  The Angels rarely act on the obvious, so when they actually do something it sends everyone into a stir because you just can't predict the Angels will do much of anything. 

Here you go: 

"People say I remind them on Andruw Jones and I'm flattered. I admire him and what he did," Martinez said. "But Mike Trout is my favorite player. He's good on offense and defense. He always has his uniform dirty, and he's really aggressive in all parts of his game. I like to play that style."

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/128576212/eddy-julio-martinez-is-top-international-prospect

• As he prepares to join the professional ranks after being declared a free agent, Cuban outfielder Eddy Julio Martinez has moved into the top spot on MLB.com’s international prospect list, as MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez writes. It’s unclear as yet whether Martinez will sign in this period or the new one beginning July 2, but he’ll have to put pen to paper in short order if he’s to head to the Yankees or Angels. Those two clubs will be unable to spend more than $300K after this July 2 class closes, and they are among the teams who Sanchez lists with interest. The CubsBlue JaysNationalsRockiesTigersDodgers, and Giants have also reached out to Martinez’s camp, per the report. â€œI’m working hard to get to my goal to play in the Major Leagues, ” says the 20-year-old. â€œThat’s what I have always wanted to do.”

apparently we have interest.  With moncada getting 30mil, I would imagine he's gonna get 20+ which would be a 40mil commitment.  Would love for this to happen under the right circumstances.  

Baldoquin isn't so much o a question mark as he is raw.  He looks good defensively but his throws over to 3B were all over the place in the early going.  He struggled, but that's to be expected, not seeing live game in over a year.  He was starting to heat up just before he got hurt.  The lat strain sucks, and typically it's a 3-6 week sort of thing depending on the severity.  Obviously, since he re-aggravated during his rehab, it'll be a while longer.  Probably another couple weeks before he even starts baseball activity again, maybe he's in by July. 

But a lat strain is hardly ligament damage to your elbow or knee.  It isn't something that typically requires surgery and it is something he should come fully back from. He still has a lot of time left in this season to get on the field and show us something. 

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 12s13 seconds ago

#Angels are not in on Cuban OF Eddy Julio Martinez and will not make an international splurge before June 15 cutoff.

Makes sense....why continue to seek talent in the International market after making that one signing of Baldoquin.