• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Booze Thread

Beer- pale ales and the occasional Amber. Fat Tire, Bootleggers, Stone, Ranger, Alaskan Amber, Sierra Nevada and the like.

With having a show up and running I am drinking a beer or two a night on weekends. When I am dark, I can go weeks or months without.

Funny seeing the Fireball comments, they just recalled it in some Europe parts for too much antifreeze.

Good call on Bookers. That shit will put some hair on your chest.

I'm jumping on the wagon, but the office seriously has happy hour listed on the agenda. I just get vodka soda and am not as prissy anymore....depends on the type of alcohol. I have a bottom outside of vodka because it's all 100% neutral grain spirits.

Beer- I like wheats. I really like Shocktop Apple Crisp.

Vodka- any with kahlua cinnamon

Whiskey- prefer Canadians. Not crazy about the taste, so I just use various stuff to mask it. I drink it because I like the high and it has the least affect on me coming down.

I too have been working on a Margarita. When I get it figured out, I'll move on to a good Pina Colada.

I don't know much about wine, so I don't drink much of it- a little sparkling (I like carbonation).

Went years over here drinking faux whiskey I made myself or beer fermented from NA. Both very much acquired tastes. Now  being in Bahrain half the time I have some access. Supplies can be limited.

Right now I have a bottle of Jim Beam, JW Black, Grey Goose, and a 12 pack of San Miguel Light. The vodka is mostly for guests. I drink the Beam with a splash of soda and the scotch with a bit of ice. I really can't remember the last time I had more than 2 drinks in a night or even drank on consecutive nights.

My drinking spot is Green Girl. It's my go to every Friday night.

Beer: Leinenkugels Summer Shandy. But this new company Travelers makes some very good shandys.

Cocktails: Captain & Coke. Even better if it's Private Stock Captain.

Whiskey: Not a fan. If I had to pick, Crown Royal

Tequila: Can't even smell the stuff without wanting to puke.

I have a pretty basic margarita recipe:

2 oz Don Julio Anejo

1 oz Cointreau

2 oz 7-up

1 oz lime juice

Rocks glass over ice

Yeah, that's pretty good. All I had was Cherry 7up. So, I'll try again with 7up later. I think I'll also try splitting the Cointreau w/ 1/2 Cointreau; 1/2 Grand Marnier.  Thanks.

Anyone have a killer Pina Colada?

Whiskey: If I'm mixing, its Jack. If I'm sipping, its Eagle Rare, Gentleman Jack, or Mitcher's American Whiskey or Mitcher's Bourbon

Vodka: Kettle One

Beer: I'm not a big beer drinker unless I'm already drunk and I cycle from the hard stuff to whatever beer is available.

Eagle Rare (actually anything made by Buffalo Trace) is good stuff

Vodka: gray goose. my main drink is a goose and soda with lime. 

Scotch: i like blue label. i know its not single malt but i like it so there. i also like macallan 18 year. recently i tried Jura's "camas an staca" 30 year. man it was legit.

Irish whiskey: i go with jameson or tullemore dew if im having shots or irish coffee.

Rye: I have been drinking FEW lately and really enjoying it. Very smokey. Bulleit is pretty popular here in SF now so I have that from time to time. 

Bourbon: i don't really know bourbon too well. but looking at my bar at my house i see four roses and woodford reserve masters collection, but honestly i bought them because i liked the bottle. they taste fine. 

Brandy: I don't drink much but a lot of the wineries up in napa will make a brandy they age in their wine barrels. The one from domain chandon is aged 24 years and fantastic.

For beer: anchor steam and guinness are my go to, but trying to ease up on the beer since I tend to drink by the dozen. i like silver bullet and pbr for the river / heat. 

Edited by mrwicked

Yeah, that's pretty good. All I had was Cherry 7up. So, I'll try again with 7up later. I think I'll also try splitting the Cointreau w/ 1/2 Cointreau; 1/2 Grand Marnier.  Thanks.

Anyone have a killer Pina Colada?

Cointreau and Grand Marnier are essentially the same thing (both orange-flavored liqueur), just sub one or the other.

Beer: too many to list, but: Russian River Pliny the Elder, Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, Boneyard RPM IPA, and Sierra Nevada PaleFoot (1/2 Bigfoot, 1/2 Pale Ale)

Tequila: Most kinds I will drink, just has to actually be tequila (made from agave unlike that unholy Jose Cuervo)

Scoth: My favorite liquor. Talisker, Oban 14, Laphroaig 10

Wine: Only drink red, I like Cab the most

I used to have a Tuesday boys-night, that was mostly pitchers of Coors Light and wandering down 2nd St. for Fireball shots... but, not so much anymore.

I generally have a beer after work to help decompress after my shift, while catching-up with my on-demand flicks, etc.  I'm a beer guy, and have really fallen for the IPA's, especially Stone after a visit last summer!  I'll take light beers to fill my red-cups at the beach while floating on my paddle board.

I've got JD, Yukon Jack, and Jamesons in the cabinet right now and I'll usually choose between them according to what I'm watching on the boob-tube.  I'll start making tequila-Sprites for hanging near the pool again soon!

We just had a "Total Wine and Spirits" shop open-up here, so I'm looking forward to trying some new whiskeys, etc. including some of your suggestions.  Thanks!  And, Cheers!

Moscow Mule has been my drink of choice lately.  Usually use Kirkland vodka but will use whatever is around.  

Also a big fan of cabs, just ordered 2 cases of the bianchi 2010 cab on an $8 per bottle special, they are usually around $26 per bottle or so.

On the beer side I'm a fan of Stone IPA, Lagunitas A lil sumpin sumpin, and if I'm doin a day in the sun then a good old fashion Carona.