• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia, why the hell did you pull Jered against a .190 hitter?

Weavers out there rolling along, hit a couple speed bumps during the game sure, but had 0 runs scored through 6 2/3. Has 2 outs in the 7th, a .190 hitter coming to the plate, and Scioscia decides to PULL HIM OUT OF THE F***ING GAME?!?! Are you kidding me!?!

Scioscia: for gods sake, atleast let the starter try to get himself out of a jam when he's up by 3 runs and has pitched a pretty stellar game. Up to that point in the game, he earned the opportunity to get out of it. Instead you take the ball out of his hand, bring in a cold reliever who *shocker* WALKS the first batter he faces, and just as quickly gives up 3 runs. Way to take a W out of one of your best pitchers hands, asshat.

Absolutely abysmal managerial decision by Scioscia, and it cost Weaver another W.

What the hell were you thinking Scioscia? Get yer head outta yer ass!

Edited by CaliAngel

Weave looked sharp tonight.  I figured that since Hector went 120 last night they'd let weaver go a few more considering he had a shutout going.  

The speculation was that MS asked Weave if he was done and would have left him in if Weave was still up for it.  

It felt like a bad move and at the time I wasn't thrilled.  

Why focus on this crap, we won this game.  On to the next one, let's build some momentum.  Looking ahead, the pitching matchups are looking a little better.  Maybe we have a chance at a streak.  Plus we are getting closer to the time when we can get some hitting help, somewhere.

I understand that sentiment, but it would be simple enough not to click on a thread that was obviously going to have this discussion. Sure, we did win tonight, which I love, but there are certain moves like this that increase or decrease your odds of winning which I think are fair to question and discuss. For instance, I appreciate that you brought up that he may have said he was tired, which is a very valid point.

They talked for a while on the mound, maybe Weaver said he was done.

this is exactly what I thought. Even Vic commented how MS went out to the mound real quick and thought it might be just to see how he's feeling.

When MS is set on pulling the starter, he walks out slowly to the mound

I'm going to disagree that it was dumb. He got a favorable matchup with a fresh reliever. He didn't get the job done. With Grilli and Jepsen gone, Morin lost, they really need the lefties to get the out or two in the 7th to get to Smith and Street. It didn't work this time but I still think it's the right call.