• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico is a shithole of a country.

https://apnews.com/article/caribbean-mexico-44a3ff18231dd1e735cd81f3db71e763

Mayoral candidate killed in Mexico; 34 dead so far

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Yet another mayoral candidate in north-central Mexico has been killed, bringing to 34 the number of candidates murdered nationwide ahead of the June 6 elections.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Wednesday the killing was “without doubt” the work of organized crime gangs. The Etellekt consulting firm said the overwhelming majority of the 34 slain candidates were vying for nominations or running for local posts.

Two of the world's rarest lobsters found in the same tank of England market: 'One in a billion'

Two of the world's rarest lobsters found in the same tank of England market: 'One in a billion'

The lobsters were identified as orange Canadian lobsters, Southwest News Service reports. According to the news outlet, the lobsters were on sale for about $36.

Caterer Joseph Lee reportedly spotted the lobsters while shopping.

"I went in to do my usual shopping for my catering business," Lee told SWNS. "I saw these two orange lobsters from a distance and thought they were toys because that’s the only time I’ve seen them orange apart from when they’re cooked. I knew they wouldn’t have put cooked lobsters in there because you need to keep lobsters in a special tank with flowing water below seven degrees."

Initially, he says he thought the lobsters weren’t even real because of their color. It wasn’t until he inspected them up close that he saw that they were alive.

"Rob the fishmonger told me they were really, really rare lobsters and to get one in the tank was a one in 30 million chance so the chances of having two are one in a billion," Lee explained. "It is like getting struck by lightning three times and surviving each time. To have not just one but two in the tank is unimaginable."

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

The kids would use it to make an Adobe church for a 5th grade history class project.

which ties in perfectly with our new ad campaign: 

tofu, it's what for dinner and school projects tonight.

juice newton is going to sing the commercial jingle.

That would have been a different story, if the bear jumped down from the wall and went after the dogs.  2 things that are scary in the woods.  Wolves, which thankfully we don't have in CA, although they are trying to reintroduce them for some stupid reason.  And a momma bear with cubs.

My grandfather told me the story of his friend that went hunting Grizzlies in the back timber of Montana. He found tracks and followed them thinking he was on the hunt when in fact he was prey. Never got off a shot the grizzly came up from behind him. 

When he woke he made his way back to his truck and drove to the hospital bleeding from the back of his head. The emergency doctor couldn't understand how he could function missing a large portion of his skull cap and parts of his brain, sheared off by the Grizzlies claw. Anyway, a couple minutes after explaining his story he died. 

I have never encountered a grizzly in all of my camping and fishing and hope I never will. But if I do I probably won't know it. 

didn't they develop a more powerful rifle or ammo to handle grizzlies? seems like i've heard something along those line. the western explorers talked about a bear that just wouldn't go down from regular gunshots.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

didn't they develop a more powerful rifle or ammo to handle grizzlies? seems like i've heard something along those line. the western explorers talked about a bear that just wouldn't go down from regular gunshots.

It's called a bazooka.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Yes, it's called an AR.  

Fishermen found $1.5M worth of whale vomit in Yemen

A group of Yemeni fishermen had their lives changed with whale vomit.

The odorous organic material – also known as ambergris – came from a sperm whale carcass in the Gulf of Aden, according to the BBC.

Inside the floating whale’s stomach was 280 pounds of ambergris, which is a solid digestive substance that’s used in the fragrance industry for scent stabilization, Britannica reports.

The material is created when a sperm whale can’t digest beaks from squid and cuttlefish, according to recent theories that believe ambergris is regurgitated as a protective mechanism following intestinal irritation.

Thirty-five men reeled in the deceased whale under the suspicion that the whale contained ambergris based on its smell, one of the fishermen explained in a video interview with the BBC.

The 280 pounds of ambergris was reportedly sold for $1.5 million to a trader in the United Arab Emirates, according to The India Times.

Meanwhile, the collection and sale of ambergris is illegal in the U.S. due to it being a byproduct from an endangered species per policies set in place by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Over in Yemen though, the fishermen split their seven-figure catch and have bought cars, homes and boats while also making charitable donations to their village, according to the BBC.

WATCH: How an alleged would-be hijacker's plans were foiled

Don’t forget to tip your flight attendants. 

A passenger on a Delta flight from Los Angeles to Nashville allegedly tried to breach the cockpit and hijack the plane Friday.

Delta Flight 386 crew members tackled and zip-tied the man before anyone was harmed, according to a FOX Television Stations report.

Cellphone video shows some of the encounter, with a man in a Delta uniform wrestling with someone who is out of view of the camera behind a row of seats.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:13 AM, Tank said:

There are tons of rarer rounds out there that will take down a grizzly. Some are newer than others. But there are quite a few widely used rounds that are perfectly capable of stopping one too. My guess is that most of the cases of people having underpowered weapons in that scenario are either due to them not planning for the fact/possibility that they could encounter a grizzly, or that they were hunting some sort of smaller game and were thus using a lighter round of some kind. There’s also the operator error factor.

Wisconsin father sets new pushup world record to raise money for family of fallen first responders

A Wisconsin father of three accomplished one of his greatest goals – completing 1,500,231 push-ups to set a new world record for most push-ups done in a year. The best part though? It was all to raise money for the families of fallen first responders. 

Nate Carroll on the 50-yard line of MetLife Stadium in New Jersey broke the record in front of first responders during half-time of the 48th Annual Fun City Bowl, an annual showdown between the New York’s fire and police football teams.

"It was awesome to be on the field, to be cheered on by so many first responders," said Carroll.

The dad said he was motivated by his family and he wanted to "demonstrate to my kids what goals that seem impossible look like when they are broken down into daily manageable chunks." Carroll said that the record for most pushups in 365 days had interested him for a few years. But, he added, "I understood if this challenge was going to be taken on, there had to be more depth to it besides just breaking a record."

He spent the last year raising money for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation's Fallen First Responder Program, which pays off the mortgages for the families of law enforcement officers and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty and leave behind young children.

Link