• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

The comments from  the Angels regarding Hamilton have been fairly tame. I bet they are holding some back.  

However... the message behind Arte's comments on Friday is justifiably considered disgusting by some, tacky by others... I'd even say pointless.  If Arte Moreno feels he has recourse (to rid himself of accountability), why pursue that in such a public manner?   As we've already seen, CJ Wilson isn't too thrilled with it. I bet he isn't the only one.

It seems he is simply angry and full of shit... or he and his lawyers are miscalculated their ability to make the Joint Drug Agreement disappear.   Either way, I don't get why they'd handle it like this.

They're trying to shame Hamilton into retiring or taking a self-imposed leave of absence. 

Moreno knows this is the only chance at recovering some of the money owed. 

They're trying to shame Hamilton into retiring or taking a self-imposed leave of absence. 

Moreno knows this is the only chance at recovering some of the money owed. 

I guess that is possible.

That is not tame, however.  That would be dirty.  

I appreciate their efforts at trying to completely erase Josh's image from our minds, but it'll take a while for them to remove the stink that he's left

You were in big time favor of the signing too.  Sucks that it didn't work out.  I was baffled as to why they didn't resign Hunter.

He was much better than Hamilton in 2013 and 2014.

not by the numbers actually.  they were pretty similar and made similar amounts of money over the last two years.  

the shit sandwich is the next three years.  We could have had Anibal Sanchez.  coulda shoulda woulda.  

the best play was neither but hunter would certainly have been the lesser of two evils. 

ARod always had a locker, even through a year-long suspension. ARod was quiet. He showed up. He started opening day. ARod has better numbers than Pujols. ARod is headed to that milestone HR bonus that the Yankees still refuse to pay. He shuts up and plays. They shut up and let him play.

Few things. Arod only has better counting numbers than arod because hes been around 5 years longer. Also, pujols was never popped for steroids, and arod has not been quiet.

And pujols doetsnt have the dumbass purple lips

Know what all this comes down to?

If by saying something you will either annoy your employees or annoy your customers, you should say nothing. Or almost nothing. (This is a matter between MLB and Josh. We are monitoring his rehab. That's all we can do.)

Period.

Of course as a reporter I think it's great no matter what they say because it's news.

If Arte thinks by bad mouthing Josh he might save some coin he should have saved the energy.

If Arte really wants him gone he needs to release him and pay Josh the $83 million over the next 3 years or let Josh play, demonstrate some value, and then move him whilst only eating $70 million or so.

YoT, I know it's not my money but I would prefer never to see Josh Hamilton play for the Angels again. He's been a distraction since he arrived.

If Arte thinks by bad mouthing Josh he might save some coin he should have saved the energy.

If Arte really wants him gone he needs to release him and pay Josh the $83 million over the next 3 years or let Josh play, demonstrate some value, and then move him whilst only eating $70 million or so.

Josh hasn't "demonstrated value" in the two years he's been with the Angels, and now he's supposedly "rehabbing" an injury with no timeline or drive to come back to the game. Even before the whole drug reporting fiasco went down, you never really heard him saying "yeah, I can't wait to come back, I'm working hard to get in shape and help the team!" Why would anyone think even for a moment that returning him to play would have any positive outcome? All it would do is create an empty spot in the batting lineup and deny another player -- someone who HAS worked hard and been a team player -- the ability to play.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

It's easy to say that now, but Hamilton was one of the best hitters from 2010-2012. Coming off a season where he hit 43 HR and had an OPS+ of 141, he was certainly going to get more than a two year deal.

Yup most people tend to forget that. Somebody should dig up the thread when Hamilton signed. I remember a lot of happy people.

Would Arte be upset if JH still played at all-star level?

That's the thing that irritates me. If he was resembling his Texas numbers the Angels would be 100% behind this guy. It doesn't make it any different the dude is an addict and had a slip up. Sure he's sucked while with us but Arte signed this guy to a contract fully knowing his past. Man the f up pay the man his money and let him walk. Instead he's being a little bitch trying to drag this out as much as possible when we all know at best it will save him very little.

The Angels FO has made this whole Hamilton situation a distraction. This info should of never been leaked out in the first place and they should of kept their opinions to themselves. At least Hamilton has kept his trap shut like he should.

These Hamilton threads will be going all season. That alone is very sad.

Arte has declared war on Hamilton ... which he has a right to but don't bring the fans or players into it. If he never puts on a Angel uniform then fine by me.

Just STFU!

Edited by Troll Daddy

I'm referring to ARod finally accepting the suspension. He was silent last season once he took his lumps. He tried to be distraction free at ST. Did his thing and earned his spot. Had a 3-run 2b tonight. He's playing without talking.

Yeah he went nuts, sued everyone, then he took his suspension, met with Manfred, met with the Yankees ownership and showed up quietly to play. That's what I'm talking about.

He was a lunatic before he took the suspension.

Kind of wish A-Rod's bat was in the Angels line up. They need a spark right about now.

We'll see if that is your opinion come August. We're a week into the season. Rodriguez has had a year off and all he has dealt with is spring training and about half a dozen games. He will be 40 in July and he has had surgery on both hips. That doesn't bid well for a 162-game season.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Really DiSar?????

That would never happen.

1. No player would ever agree to that.

2. If he performed then no one would be saying a damn thing. I will add if he had performed like previously .280+AVG. 35 HR 125RBI's......Everyone including Arte' would be feeling sorry for him and be open to forgiveness. When you sign for BIG $$$$ and Don't perform + slide back into drugs/alcohol. You have nothing to back it up.

Hamilton could have been dirty since he signed here DAY 1 no one knows. There are masking agents out there. If a busboy can beat a drug test repeatedly a Multi-Millionaire could as well.

If your comments are true ... then why turn yourself in to MLB?

We'll see if that is your opinion come August. We're a week into the season. Rodriguez has had a year off and all he has dealt with is spring training and about half a dozen games. He will be 40 in July and he has had surgery on both hips. That doesn't bid well for a 162-game season.

He may not hit well but he's a DH. He spends a lot of time on his ass. I watched all three games over the weekend. He has patience at the plate to take walks. He's not swinging out of his shoes for HRs. He's much better than expected. Should reach 3,000 hits by summer.

I like how we spout opinions here 52-week a-year, but somehow arte, the guy who pays all the bills, gets crapped on if he makes the mildest of comments about Hamilton.

I think he got crapped all over because his comments were ridiculous. Just like anyone here.