• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teenage girl viciously beaten at Brooklyn McDonalds

On 12/21/2021 at 2:50 PM, Taylor said:

Holy crap, legitimately racist post by cals and both Jason and Tank "liked" it.

Sad thing is Chuck said my old posts are gone forever.  So all we have left is anything that was quoted.

Very sad.

23 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

Just like love letters written in the sand washed away by the tide. 😢😭😱

I actually own that CD.  That's the only good song on it.  I think I first heard it at a funeral.... very sad.

4 hours ago, cals said:

Sad thing is Chuck said my old posts are gone forever.  So all we have left is anything that was quoted.

Very sad.

There is truth in this so I don’t see how it was racist. 

38B2B7BB-51D0-430B-9BA1-00D0C890170D.png

not frowning on the violent rhetoric 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

There is truth in this so I don’t see how it was racist. 

38B2B7BB-51D0-430B-9BA1-00D0C890170D.png

not frowning on the violent rhetoric 

The reason I called it out as racist is because it assumes a certain community of individuals is less moral than other communities.

As far as I know, none of us who post here are part of the Black community so for us to look down on it is an exercise in ignorance and prejudice. It's far more productive to educate ourselves with a posture of listening and understanding rather than making assumptions about an entire community.

Did you know in the state of California it is illegal to give one race of people an IQ test for the purpose of placement in school services?

A law that actually makes getting students the accommodations they need unavailable to them. That sounds really racist but has been upheld in the courts.

Head scratcher. 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Did you know in the state of California it is illegal to give one race of people an IQ test for the purpose of placement in school services?

A law that actually makes getting students the accommodations they need unavailable to them. That sounds really racist but has been upheld in the courts.

Head scratcher. 

Democrats think black people are dumb 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Head scratcher. 

This Margaret Donahue person seems to know what she's talking about.

Screenshot_20220616-070553.png

And yet the lawsuit made services for black children that had Autism and Dyslexia unable to be tested and receive the proper accommodations. Their reasoning was flawed, no other race has any accommodation that excludes them from IQ tests regardless of their cultural background. The claim was African American culture prevented them from scoring on testing where as immigrants from other countries are assessed using the same testing. 

This is the kind of liberal legislature that shackles those that they claim they are trying to protect. It has increased the failure rate of African American children in our school systems by not identifying and helping students in need. Instead it shoves them through the system to succeed or fail without any extra help.

Margaret Donahue is entrenched in her own philosophy without any regard to the consequences. 

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

The reason I called it out as racist is because it assumes a certain community of individuals is less moral than other communities.

As far as I know, none of us who post here are part of the Black community so for us to look down on it is an exercise in ignorance and prejudice. It's far more productive to educate ourselves with a posture of listening and understanding rather than making assumptions about an entire community.

There’s no chance you aren’t gay.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

And yet the lawsuit made services for black children that had Autism and Dyslexia unable to be tested and receive the proper accommodations. Their reasoning was flawed, no other race has any accommodation that excludes them from IQ tests regardless of their cultural background. The claim was African American culture prevented them from scoring on testing where as immigrants from other countries are assessed using the same testing. 

This is the kind of liberal legislature that shackles those that they claim they are trying to protect. It has increased the failure rate of African American children in our school systems by not identifying and helping students in need. Instead it shoves them through the system to succeed or fail without any extra help.

Margaret Donahue is entrenched in her own philosophy without any regard to the consequences. 

It does seem like a short-sighted law from the 70s. But from my lazy Google research, it doesn't appear IQ tests are used anymore on any children for education placement purposes. 

My wife worked as an instructional assistant for an elementary school special education class. The teacher she worked with was a veteran special education teacher, really awesome person (like your wife, I assume). There were still a couple kids in her class that had emotional issues and should have been in another class, but it took months to make that happen. It seems like the system is backlogged and that kids are always on the losing end of the red tape. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It does seem like a short-sighted law from the 70s. But from my lazy Google research, it doesn't appear IQ tests are used anymore on any children for education placement purposes. 

My wife worked as an instructional assistant for an elementary school special education class. The teacher she worked with was a veteran special education teacher, really awesome person (like your wife, I assume). There were still a couple kids in her class that had emotional issues and should have been in another class, but it took months to make that happen. It seems like the system is backlogged and that kids are always on the losing end of the red tape. 

In the 70's kids were dumped into a occupational training classroom; basically tie shoes, button shirts, how to hold a fork but little actual schooling. My best friend's brother, Brian, was one of those kids. He was very low IQ but had the ability to learn and advance well past what the programs offered. He was warehoused until he graduated high school with the reading and math skills of a 2nd grader. This stuck in him a life of social services and non independent living. It wasn't just an African American problem. 

Instead of addressing the core problem back then of a terrible special ed program they created a law preventing black children to be classified as having special needs. It was a placebo to mollify parents that didn't want their child in the "retard" class.

Times have changed.

But they have kept the law in place which addresses neither the advancement in IEP and individualized education accommodations or to get kids into those programs that need them. That is a tragedy on a State level that this law stays on the books and keeps a community in an educational ghetto with no way to get out. 

As for children incorrectly classified, that should be correctable through a proper IEP as long as there isn't district meddling that blocks a student from getting the proper services needed. My wife had to deal with one such student that should have been in the severe instead of mild to moderate program.

The district blocked the transfer, falsified data, and kept the student there, ignoring repeated documented physical assaults. The end result is the last month of school the student went off for the 46th time, hitting my wife with an object causing abrasions to her forehead, attacks to her face and hands but worse the altercation ended up with my wife tearing a knee ligament. 

We now have two lawyers working on two separate lawsuits. To top it off, they went forward with the end of year IEP and assigned this student to return to my wife's classroom next year. Meanwhile she is in a knee brace awaiting an MRI after four weeks (workman's comp sucks) to determine how her knee will be repaired. 

Sadly it isn't the kid or parents fault. The District has lied to them and the teacher is contractually bound to not tell them. They do not know their child isn't getting the services guaranteed by state and federal law and protections keep that information from them unless they specifically ask for them. 

It is fucked up for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You have a toddler so you'd be a perfect mod.

Just ban cals once every few weeks and you're golden.

She could actually ban Cals whenever her toddler acts out.  It would be a perfect stress relief.  As a bonus, we'll get to see Cals blame Blarg for a month for the banning.