• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Arbitrator reportedly to decide if Hamilton goes to rehab

The sad thing here that is often overlooked is that for an addict, certain pressures in life cause relapses. 

With that being said, there is no doubt that the pressures of being an MLB player, with a huge contract, a bar set pretty high being a previous AL MVP, and having the season he had last year probably contributed to the relapse.

Hamilton needs a break from baseball to get his life back on track, period.  He needs to focus on himself and his family.  As much as a disappointment he has been as an Angels player, I want him to succeed in life and get healthy.  He can potentially die from his addiction....being an MLB player is not worth it.

Mr. Hamilton, please do what is right.  Stay out of baseball until you get your life back on track.  You should make that decision and not leave that up to an arbitrator.

God bless you and your family on your recovery.

Admitting to something you know you will be caught doing is not the basis for any leniency. It all sounds noble and responsible except for the fact all it was is not denying breaking his contract with MLB to not relapse. Essentially a public relations move after the fact.

Hopefully the decision is based on the rules and guidelines rather than trying to make a feel good story out of this for Hamilton.

I think the feel good story that can arise from anyone going thru this is full rehabilitation (because you're never "cured"), and, secondly, an eventual return to being productive at one's work.

If this happens, it really would be a good story, not leniency because he self-reported.

I sure do hope that by turning himself in, Josh is serious about his soberity. Overall, that's what matters. We all know he's going to serve some sort of suspension, but I hope he can find help and serenity in his rehabilitation.

Quitting the game won't help Hamilton ... but rehab will. I think a fifty game suspension and rehab is in order.

It might because it would help keep him focused on sobriety, and he would presumably have chance for temptation (constant travels, being away from his family, staying in the limelight, etc). Not saying that it would be the ONLY thing that helps, because he does need the rehab.

Nobody really knows Hamilton here, although I did meet his air conditioner repair man once. For all we know it is the boredom of the off season that lead to the relapse. It is quite possible that the daily structure of an MLB season is more helpful than hurtful. We really don't know and while I always hated the signing I sure hope he can overcome this. With that said rules are rules and he should not get any leniency.

Nobody really knows Hamilton here, although I did meet his air conditioner repair man once. For all we know it is the boredom of the off season that lead to the relapse. It is quite possible that the daily structure of an MLB season is more helpful than hurtful. We really don't know and while I always hated the signing I sure hope he can overcome this. With that said rules are rules and he should not get any leniency.

You are exactly right. Hearing dozens of addicts speak on this topic, just about every one of them claim that any idle time is the worst part of their day. Many lock themselves in their room to avoid any temptation to use again. Each addict has their own trigger(s) that can cause a relapse. Whether it's a person, place,thing,emotion,feeling etc. an addict puts forth a lot of effort to avid whatever it is that may trigger their urge to use again. One girl had all of the spoons removed from her apartment because they caused an intense craving for her drug of choice.

You are exactly right. Hearing dozens of addicts speak on this topic, just about every one of them claim that any idle time is the worst part of their day. Many lock themselves in their room to avoid any temptation to use again. Each addict has their own trigger(s) that can cause a relapse. Whether it's a person, place,thing,emotion,feeling etc. an addict puts forth a lot of effort to avid whatever it is that may trigger their urge to use again. One girl had all of the spoons removed from her apartment because they caused an intense craving for her drug of choice.

Pudding?