• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Suspension Rumors/Speculations (post updates here)

Lou

AW at its finest, degenerating into a TMI pissfest

with the token shot by a mod at Fox News because of course everyone can trust state controlled media

as to Hamilton, a serious challenge experienced by too many families these days

When I was in the Navy one of my many collateral duties was urinalysis program assistant.  Said job was nicknamed "meat gazer," which is as accurate as it is unfortunate.  Once I advanced to a higher paygrade I got to move on to program coordinator and assign others to meat-gaze.  When we did any urinalysis we had to put a mirror up over the urinals, stand behind the sample-givers, and observe from the mirror the pee leaving the wiener and going into the cup.  As you said, no fun for either involved party. 

You were in the Navy, it's not like this isn't just called Tuesday Follies.

"lips that touch alcohol, shall never touch ours."

maybe that should be your personal slogan. it resonated so well in the past.

F that.  Howsabout:  If you are a relapsing cokehead, own it.  Instead of the touchy-feely "Whaddaya going to do, he's got a disease?" bs.

"Josh Hamilton" has 12 letters. The 12th letter of the alphabet is L. L = Lizards. Lizards = Reptilians. Reptilians = Illuminati.

Josh Hamilton = Illuminati. Wake. Up.

SHEEPLE.

You forgot Opus Dei.

Edited by Mark68

Hamilton is tested 3 times a week during the season. so there was no way he was doing any cocaine in September.

I assume his confession was very close to the time he lapsed, because he's tested so often and didn't fail a test.

Jeff, how often is he tested during the offseason?

F that.  Howsabout:  If you are a relapsing cokehead, own it.  Instead of the touchy-feely "Whaddaya going to do, he's got a disease?" bs.

interesting. "f that", always a convincing position. it could be said, pretty accurately so, that hamilton did "own it" by coming forward about his relapse before failing a test. contrary to what many have said, it actually would have been very easy for him to pass a drug test for cocaine.

the touchy-feely-whaddaya going to do part is just you and your anger, because really that's not what people are saying when they say it's more than just a guy choosing to use. people who get angry at drug addicts are angry at something else more personal. sometimes it's directed at drug abusers in our own lives who've frustrated us, but mostly it's just anger at the perception that someone has more than us, but it's undeserved or unappreciated by them, that if we had all those opportunities we would value them more. those who get angry, tend to feel that they've been slighted in their own life.

my comments are going to offend you intellectually and you'll dismiss them without consideration. the reason why is because, contrary to what you think, you're not "thinking" about the situation. you're "feeling" about the situation. 

interesting. "f that", always a convincing position. it could be said, pretty accurately so, that hamilton did "own it" by coming forward about his relapse before failing a test. contrary to what many have said, it actually would have been very easy for him to pass a drug test for cocaine.

the touchy-feely-whaddaya going to do part is just you and your anger, because really that's not what people are saying when they say it's more than just a guy choosing to use. people who get angry at drug addicts are angry at something else more personal. sometimes it's directed at drug abusers in our own lives who've frustrated us, but mostly it's just anger at the perception that someone has more than us, but it's undeserved or unappreciated by them, that if we had all those opportunities we would value them more. those who get angry, tend to feel that they've been slighted in their own life.

my comments are going to offend you intellectually and you'll dismiss them without consideration. the reason why is because, contrary to what you think, you're not "thinking" about the situation. you're "feeling" about the situation. 

ITA with this.

There seems to be some misconception that if you acknowledge that addiction is an illness or has some physiological triggers, you're somehow throwing up your hands and saying "well, there's nothing he can do, it's a disease, just lay off the guy." Acknowledgment of personal responsibility and acknowledgement of addiction as a disease are not mutually exclusive.

In AA and related systems there is usually a huge - HUGE- emphasis on taking personal responsibility for one's actions, righting wrongs (including apologizing but also making amends where it is at all possible) and taking control of one's life. But there's also an acknowledgment that an addict might need support from others or some kind of rehab to do that.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

• "F that" was my reply to you asking about becoming a teetotler.
  • I don't have any anger.  Hamilton isn't ****ing up my life. I've never had a drug abuser **** up my life.  If the Angels go 0-162 this year, I am still going to "sleep like a baby".
  • "Own it" is kind of a nebulous term, I will admit.  I am not even sure what I am expecting.  I assume something along the lines of "Arte, I have a problem.  I am going away to take care of it (or not take care of it).  I refuse to accept any more of your money.  I didn't earn it".  Pipe dream, and zero percent chance of happening.  I know.
  • "my comments are going to offend you intellectually"... Really?  You honestly can't be serious.  I have gotten into as many 'message board scrapes' as anybody here.  I've never been offended once.  I have never "raised my voice" or whatever the message board equivalent is.  I don't call people names, because we disagree.  Its a place to spend a few minutes to kill some time during the day.  There is nothing possible you can say to offend me.

I see from the LA Times that the panel deciding on whether Josh should be required to enter rehab (two doctors and two attorneys) was split two-two and so an arbitrator will have to break the tie. The article also quoted a source that this might be treated as a fourth offense with a one year suspension but Manfred would have to make that call. In any case decision will be late in spring training.

Edited by LAAMike

Per DiGiovanna and Shaikin, MLB is deciding whether or not to rule Hamilton as a fourth-time offender. That would mean that Hamilton could miss a whole season and forfeit the entirety of his $25MM salary. However, If Hamilton is ruled to enter a rehabilitation program, he’ll earn his full salary for 30 days and half his salary for the following 30 days, per the Times. That would come out to a bit less than $6.2MM.

Commissioner Rob Manfred would have final say on the length of any suspension for Hamilton. MLBPA executive director Tony Clark told both Gonzalez and the L.A. Times pairing that it is the Union’s â€œresponsibility to protect the player and his rights in the process.” However, Clark voiced far more concern for Hamilton as a person than as a baseball player. â€œWhat I hope for is support for Josh. There are always baseball concerns. There are, more importantly, life concerns. We have protocols in place to handle the baseball-related issues. But I’m hopeful that anyone in the baseball family who finds himself in a tough spot gets support as a person beyond baseball.”

AW at its finest, degenerating into a TMI pissfest

with the token shot by a mod at Fox News because of course everyone can trust state controlled media

as to Hamilton, a serious challenge experienced by too many families these days

I'm going to let you in on a little secret -  mods are regular posters on the AW message board.  We are free to voice our opinions just as any other member on the site. Hope that clears up any misconception you have. 

Also,  since when is Fox News off limits?  

Eithier is pretty good -- how terrible is his Dogs' contract?  Can't be worse than Hamilton's.

He is owed $18M in 2015 and 2016, $17.5M in 2017 and 2018, contract has a $17.5M vesting option with a $2M buyout at the end.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/12424726/arbitrator-decide-whether-josh-hamilton-enter-rehab'>Panel locked on Josh Hamilton rehab

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan