• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno on Hamilton

WallyWorld

I think Hamilton's problem is like CJ's problem. It's mostly mental. The ability is there, we've seen him be a GREAT ball player, just not with the Angels. I'd hate to see the Angels eat his contract and cut him, getting nothing for him, but it seems like the only viable option. They could try and trade him for a mid level prospect and eat most of his contract, but I'm not sure any team would go for that. Personally, I'd rather have him find the ability to hit again and take over the 3 spot, but maybe that's hoping for too much. Who said optimism was dead?

He WAS a great player. Angels paid for his great prior years and are suffering with his decline.

He showed some serious red flags that 2nd half of 2012 and the Halos chose to ignore it unfortunately. His plate approach is one of the most infuriating things to watch on a day-to-day basis. Josh Hamilton from AB to AB is the definition of insanity.

He showed signs of life in the beginning of last year before his bonehead slide into first. I wouldn't bat him in the 3 spot, but I'd put him in the 5 spot, give him the benefit of the doubt.

This gave me hope that he had finally turned the corner with the Angels, but he regressed to the same old habits when he returned.

How is this awesome? Thought you were a fan.

That was sarcasm.  I'm actually not a fan of his specifically, but I think he brings more to the table than what we have to replace him.  I would prefer he be on the field than on the DL.  I don't trust that he took the most direct route to getting his shoulder healed.  But oh well.  

Why do people say it's not our money?

I mean yes it technically isn't, but the only reason these grown men get to play a child's game for ridiculous amounts of money is because the fans want to see it. 

So I'm sorry if I seem opinionated on the subject of baseball.

Why do people say it's not our money?

I mean yes it technically isn't, but the only reason these grown men get to play a child's game for ridiculous amounts of money is because the fans want to see it. 

So I'm sorry if I seem opinionated on the subject of baseball.

i don't want to see Hamilton play

looks like Teflon Jerry dodges any culpability once again

In all honesty, neither the Pujols nor the Hamilton acquisition follows the pattern of anything else he has done, His fingerprints simply aren't on either deal. Moreno's open courting of Pujols in particular is well documented.