• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Member Suggestions/Feedback for 2015

Chuck

Angelswin.com does a great job. No need to change anything, really.

Suggestions ?

-- last year (was it this past year) when there was some talk about blipping (censoring) some posted comments; I'm not in favor of that unless they are really way over the line. This is a free flow of ideas here -- some good, some terrible, but everything and anything goes. Most reg posters have thick skins (otherwise they would have left long ago). So, my take here is for the mods to adopt a live and let live attitude towards posts (and, for the most part, they have -- there was that one period of time that some of the blipping got a little much).

-- figure out a way to participate in purchases, contributions, ticket exchanges without requiring a Pay Pal account. I don't have any answers here and maybe it can't be done (which is fine -- things are good here as they are) but some of us don't use or like Pay Pal.  I personally would like to use the ticket exchange feature more.

-- on certain events (games) at the ballpark -- if it could be arranged to have some group seating (doesn't have to be a large group either) but sometimes AW.com member can make a game (often on short notice) and would like to have other posters join up a the game.........just a thought. More so in past years (because I've stopped getting the mini season ticket package) I would have an extra ticket or two for a game that could have gone to a AW,com poster..........oh well.

Again, the above are mere suggestions because there's that old adage that applies : 'if it ain't broke,............"

Angelswin.com does a great job. No need to change anything, really.

Suggestions ?

-- last year (was it this past year) when there was some talk about blipping (censoring) some posted comments; I'm not in favor of that unless they are really way over the line. This is a free flow of ideas here -- some good, some terrible, but everything and anything goes. Most reg posters have thick skins (otherwise they would have left long ago). So, my take here is for the mods to adopt a live and let live attitude towards posts (and, for the most part, they have -- there was that one period of time that some of the blipping got a little much).

-- figure out a way to participate in purchases, contributions, ticket exchanges without requiring a Pay Pal account. I don't have any answers here and maybe it can't be done (which is fine -- things are good here as they are) but some of us don't use or like Pay Pal.  I personally would like to use the ticket exchange feature more.

-- on certain events (games) at the ballpark -- if it could be arranged to have some group seating (doesn't have to be a large group either) but sometimes AW.com member can make a game (often on short notice) and would like to have other posters join up a the game.........just a thought. More so in past years (because I've stopped getting the mini season ticket package) I would have an extra ticket or two for a game that could have gone to a AW,com poster..........oh well.

Again, the above are mere suggestions because there's that old adage that applies : 'if it ain't broke,............"

Venmo could be an alternative to Paypal.

"Venmo could be an alternative to Paypal"

thanks -- but to illustrate/ highlight my complete lack of computer/ electronic/ IT literacy here -- I have no idea what "Venmo" is.

but then most of my computer issues can be traced to the same diagnosis/ problem area:  "Operator Error"

Venmo is an alternative automated payment system.

https://venmo.com

Some gizmo that would allow me to like my own posts an unlimited amount would be great.

Thanks in advance.

This would help Eleven so he wouldn't have to open so many fake AW.com accounts to generate all the "likes"(e.g. "Halo Thunder", "Adam", "MileHighDreams", "Lou", "Toby Ziegler", et al).

I don't know if there's any way to do this, but when I log into the mobile site on my phone, and then later I log in on my computer, it logs me into the mobile site. Is there any way to keep them separate? So that way when I log in on my computer, I get the desktop site, not the mobile site and vice versa. Not a big issue, just a little annoyance.

More AO self-bans we did really good when he was gone!...

Question:

Why can't I post pics anymore is there a new feature I'm missing?

I try to quote responses in the threads and it doesn't pop up in the reply bar.

Thanks guys! Doing great as always~

I will make a wild guess that you updated your Internet Explorer.

I used to be on Fannation before I came to AngelsWin, and they used to have this "game" (I guess you could call it that) called Throwdowns, where you challenged someone to a debate on any sports topic. Each side got a 500 word limit (or 300 can't remember) and 3 posts that went back and forth. People would vote on who was the most convincing in their argument, or who was most right. I think it would be a fun way to get some of the more knowledgeable people posting more than 10 words in the forum posts. I don't think many people actually use the blog option, and the people who do blog have their own blog site, and they just post it to the forum. It doesn't have to be on just Angels topics either, and we could make it a competition that we keep score of, and maybe at the end of the year the winner gets a prize?

Just a thought.

BTW, Fannation doesn't do this any more so I don't think it'd be an issue using it as an idea.