• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Free Agent Signings in Franchise History

LightTheHalo

Toriiiii! I think most of the guys on here picked the best though. Abreu was AWESOME on that one-year deal back in 2009, can't let the extension seasons ruin what he did. Figgy, Abreu, Torii (when healthy), Vlad (when healthy), Morales, Rivera, Napoli, Howie, Aybar with Izturis on the bench. That was the best Angels lineup I've seen in m lifetime- albeit it that not being very long. Vlad's number one though. Hands down. 

The most underrated signing was Darren Oliver.  I remember countless times Oliver would come in and get the third out without damage being done. During his tenure as an Angel, we went Back to Back to Back as AL West champions. After he left, our bullpen fell apart so did our AL West Championships. Which didn't change until we signed Joe smith and traded for Huston Street.

Edited by ispy45

Apart from all the joking posts, how is anybody saying anyone other than Vlad? With one signing it was as if everything changed. A .927 OPS over six seasons is pretty incredible and the deal was more than reasonable financially.

Abreu's first deal certainly deserves an honorable mention and OC was pretty good too. But it has to be Vlad.