• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Nice dude! Well done. I need to spend a whole weekend playing nothing but supers. I don't do it enough but it seems like I always woulda had it...lol

BTW - stoked Liam's Map won the Woodward. Hope they point him to classic instead of mile. Ensures a hot pace. Can't wait for BC. Gotta a new kid coming any day. Gonna save a nice bankroll for Halloween

Nice dude! Well done. I need to spend a whole weekend playing nothing but supers. I don't do it enough but it seems like I always woulda had it...lol

BTW - stoked Liam's Map won the Woodward. Hope they point him to classic instead of mile. Ensures a hot pace. Can't wait for BC. Gotta a new kid coming any day. Gonna save a nice bankroll for Halloween

You want to know a pisser Adam?  I was playing Woodbine just for fun on friday.  And they were mentioning that the super high 5 in the last race was a huge jackpot.  So being the cheap shit I am, played 5 horses straight.  Knew the horse in first place was going to win.  If I only played a box in the next 4 horses for $4.80, I would have hit it.  It only paid 1.5k.  /sigh

• 3 weeks later...

So just my impressions of SA opening day.  

Beholder.  Beast of a horse.  She looks good for the Breeders Cup.  Big question is, can she win outside of California.  But she has more than enough to take it to the boys.

Songbird.  Looked really good.  

Nyquist was ok.  A bit green.  Swipe and the Desourmeux/Desourmeux combination might be a horse to watch.  If not for a bit of bumping and tight quarters, Swipe might have taken it.

I know we're more than a month out, but the Classic is shaping up to be an outstanding field and I think a great betting opportunity. Never too early to start making a morning line. 

American Pharoah (5-2) - On Paper, probably should not be the favorite, but will take the most money from the public.

Honor Code (7-2) - Met Mile and Whitney Champion. Pace Scenario will favor him. 

Beholder (4-1) - Right there with the top two in achievement and popularity

This is where it starts to get interesting. It is also when the odds are going to really drop off.

Tonalist (8-1) - His betting popularity is still to be determined. He runs at Belmont on Saturday. If he romps, he may make the favorites spread a 4-horse one instead of a 3-horse one. I think he was running every bit as well as Honor Code late in the Whitney and has every bit the chance to win the Classic. He's also more versatile and can be placed much closer to the pace. I hope he runs a strong second in the Jockey Club because I can't wait to unload on him in the Classic. 

Liam's Map (8-1) - Has done nothing wrong. Will likely control the pace in the classic. Will force either AP or Beholder (or both) to start their run(s) early. 

Frosted (12-1) - I think he'll run. What else is he going to do? 

Keen Ice (15-1) - Beat AP. Another versatile closer. Might still have his best race ahead of him. 

Gleneagles (15-1) - Will be the wiseguy horse as the Euro invader. 

Effinex (30-1) - Very good horse. Another closer. 

Coach Inge (30-1) - Another speed horse. Please run!!! 

Wicked Strong (30-1) - Too many failures this year to consider him as a contender. 

Hard Aces (50-1) - Not good enough. May not run. 

It will be interesting to see who else will go, if anyone. 

Keenland....man that is going to be a, if not the, tough part of capping this thing.

I've never really felt comfortable trying to figure out that track, and still don't. Just don't see it enough to know much about it.

Is it that they run so many 2 year olds there, that its hard to get a feel for the way proven horses run there?

Weather is always more of a factor than we are used to on the west coast..

Thoughts?

Yeah its not like Keenland is a major track in the sense that horses get 4-5 races a year there. Short meets and all. 

I think you have to handicap it as fair, weather permitting. The one thing I've always done there is play against the east coasters who excel at those one-turn miles 8F+ races. 

One of the tellers at Santa Anita was telling me.  At Keenland and at Del Mar, it better not rain significantly.  He was saying that the rain they had at Del Mar this season, totally flooded the parking lot with about 2 feet of water.  He said the same is true for Keenland, and that if there is any significant rain, it could rain out.

I'm with you Adam, in that SA should host the BC every year.

Keenland to me is a lot like handicapping Del Mar, especially back before they re-did the track, or maybe Saratoga.

It's hard to find any bias, even though there seems to be one. Not enough races. I've never done real well there.

I've been bummed since they announced it was going to be held there this year.

Beer, living in Dana Point for many years, Del Mar was always easy and I used to spend a lot of time down there every summer.

I always thought that the way the main parking lot, and the jockey-trainer lot in the buildings right across from the gate there sat lower than the track, that it would flood.

Never experienced any real rain there, though.

Across the 5, that lot was dirt for as long as I was there, I imagine they have paved it now?