• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's better: Angels or Dodgers?

Oh please. Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball, and it isn't particularly close. Richards has had three-quarters of a near-great season, but one that isn't quite on par with any of Kershaw's last four.

Put Kershaw in the AL I dont think he puts up those insane numbers. 

By the way the best pitcher in baseball is Madison Bumgardner.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Semi off-topic. ..but be honest.

How many of you are involved in the faceofmlb contest at all!

Its trout vs Kershaw right now!

Sorry if thats been posted already (and I know its practically a sin to do that) but I dont feel like scanning so many threads on my phone

I honestly think it is an underlying inferiority complex that many Angels fans have about the Dodgers - not unlike the Mets have towards the Yankees.

there could be some of that, but it works both ways. Keep in mind AJ that a huge chunk of the crowd at chavez latrine is too young to remember any of the dodger rings.

The name change gets us arguing here, its just as big of a deal to them. The dodgers didnt like that move, so much that they went to selling shirts that say la dodgers of la. Obviously thats not a big deal, unless you know the culture out here. Prior to 02 and the mod 2000s, the dodgers would NEVER acknowledge the angels...about anything.

So yes, theres gonna be angels fans who wont ever give the dodgers enough credit, but vice versa as well. Think the majority of dodgers fans agree the angels have been better over the last decade, or is it the minority?

Madison Bumgardner may have had the best World Series for a pitcher in W/S history (fans of Mickey Lolich, and I am sure there are others, would argue the point).

His 2014 World Series MVP run was remarkable......(almost like Giguere's shut out run in the post-season on the way to the Ducks' Stanley Cup championship a few years back !)

But I'd still take Kershaw over Bumgarnder........

Kershaw is the best pitcher in MLB today and stacks up fairly well against/ with the greats of other MLB era's.

Dodgers pen over the Angels right now?? Yes. Mainly because I like Janssen closing more so that Street. Just my opinion.

Halos pen pretty good.......Street came over and made it better last year......let's see how he does in year 2 in Anaheim.

as for the pen -- we have better pen depth -- but I would pick the Dogs' closer over Street -- let's call the pen even up between the two teams.

GEEZ - Dogs have a lot of depth in the OF and MIF positions.........the Dogs have Jason Turner and D. Barney (good glove weak hit) both of whom have and could play full time for an MLB team. Not spectacular but probably stack up even with the guys we have vying for 2B job in ST.

Turner or Barney will likely get cut, demoted or DFA'd at roster cut down time -- might be some MIF depth options for Halos.

Andre Eithier (spelling?) is a good OF'er/ ballplayer -- looks like he'll have a platoon / bench role with LA (just waiting for Puig to implode and do something that gets him suspended --might not take long so Dogs may need the insurance)........but wasting Eithier on the bench does seem like a waste.

Taking a second look at the Dogs starting rotation -- you've got Kershaw and Grienke and after that (Ryu, Brandon McCarthy) it's not that great and overall we stack up well/ evenly with them with our rotation but our number one -- regardless of whether you say it's Weaver or Richards (some may even argue Shoemaker) isn't close to being at Kershaw's level..... but the rest of our rotation stacks up well against the Dodgers' rotation

Turner is pretty versatile as well.......perhaps Dodgers would use him a trade bait........

I wouldn't rank him better than Rutledge -- both guys are pretty much average glove for MIF types -- D. Barney, to me, may have the inside track on bench depth MIF position for the Dogs simply because he's a top quality defensive guy -- can run a bit -- so Dogs might feel better with him backing up at 2B/SS but then again, with Rollins at SS and Kendrick at 2B -- guys who don't miss many games (unless they're on the DL) -- and don't need late inning D replacements really -- you can stash Barney down at AAA and keep the versatile Turner up -- Barney probably more used to being in a back up role -- Turner played quite a bit for LA last year and has some power (better than average for a MIF).

So it's hard to say who wins that battle for that spot with the Dodgers.