• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

World's Shortest Books

Bruce Nye

Conspiracy Theorists and Narcissistic Behavior seem to go hand in hand.  It's interesting that issues like the Pentagon crash on 9/11 develop into something more devious and grandiose than what actually happened.  Here is an article on on that attack that debunks these theories:  http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a5659/debunking-911-myths-pentagon/

I say that conspiracy theorists and narcissistic behavior go hand in hand because people diagnosed with Narcissistic behavior disorder exhibit a lack of empathy for other people.  It's estimated that narcissistic behavior  effects up to 6% of the US population, mostly males.  Typical systems of narcissistic behavior is that they exploit others for personal gain, exhibit extreme selfishness and have a highly exaggerated sense of self importance.  Narcissists tend to have an overblown opinion  of their own skills and abilities.  We don't have to look to far to see that our current President exhibits a lot of these traits, and that's why there is so much concern in that area today by a majority of the population.  I think that many times people can't accept the carefully researched and historically recorded details details of an event (like the Kennedy Assination, or the Moon Landing) because they think they have the skills and abilities to identify something more insidious and surreal beyond that event.  Do they really have something factual, usually claiming that many people support their opinion, or are they really exhibiting a behavior disorder that effects a much smaller portion of the population?

Of all of these Conspiracy Events my favorite is the Moon Landing, whereby conspiracy theorists claim that it never happened, that it was a staged event.  It is generally accepted that a total of 12 US astronauts landed on the moon.  To paraphrase one of the astronauts  when confronted that this was all an elaborate hoax, "if we had set out to fake the manned moon landings, why would we have bothered to fake it 12 times?"  Someone touched on all of this a little earlier by saying that when things get covered up it's almost impossible to keep a lid on the truth, it emerges eventually.  Today's society is so open, and so many people are willing to talk, that just about all significant secrets get exposed.  Personally, I believe that Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman (Oswald), that the space program did happen, and that the moon landings took place (I worked at Rockwell International in the '70's on parts of this program, hopefully I didn't waste my time), unfortunately Islamic Terrorists attacked the World trade center and the Pentagon and killed many innocent people (I didn't actually see it happen except on TV, but the circumstantial evidence is thorough and complete), and that Usama Bid Laden is buried in the North Atlantic Ocean (thank goodness).  Should you feel the need to believe more than this, that there is a big brother manipulating your life and forcing beliefs upon you, that is your right to believe this stuff.  It is healthy to question and dig for factual and circumstantial evidence.  However, I would suggest that you also look into why you have a need to be in the minority on these events, why you want to dispute both factual and circumstantial evidence conducted by individuals trained to uncover such facts.  Is it because you have a need to be smarter or know more than virtually everyone else, or because you are just bored to death with the events of life in the 20th and 21st centuries.  Let's face it, knowledge is power, and even if you can't absolutely prove your positions it's gratifying to be able to suggest that you know more than virtually most other people considered more expert than you, especially if you are a narcissist.   

This just in, the 2002 World Series didn't involve the Angels, it was faked.  The Yankees beat the Dodgers in the World Series that year.  The images that you saw on 
TV were just made up because the New York Yankees are just too good of an organization, it was getting embarrassing for Major League Baseball.  The real World Series was played at the Latrine, and only Yankee and Dodger Fans were allowed to attend the events, and then they were sworn to secrecy, and the video was erased.

Outstanding post above, tomsred.

Forgetting for a second how overly elaborate the so called conspiracy would have to be (requiring a myriad of people to plan it, finance it, profit from it...as well as someone to wire demolitions in two, in sorry, 3 buildings that no one ever saw....then shooting missiles/drones/holograms into the pentagon and staging a 4th crash, well, just because), they also ignore the fact that al qaida and its umbrella of affiliates (its a conglomorate, not one group), had already carried out similar attacks over the globe before and after it.....including the trade center a few years before.

Arabs hijacking planes was nothing new. Suicide bombings was nothing new. Kamikaze planes was nothing new.

A few years back, like 2 or 3, a guy flew his plane into an IRS building in texas...this is post 9/11...its not a complicated task....hijacking planes (pre 9/11), turning them around and flying them into buildings is far less complicated and doable than these conspiracy theories would have been.

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Outstanding post above, tomsred.

Forgetting for a second how overly elaborate the so called conspiracy would have to be (requiring a myriad of people to plan it, finance it, profit from it...as well as someone to wire demolitions in two, in sorry, 3 buildings that no one ever saw....then shooting missiles/drones/holograms into the pentagon and staging a 4th crash, well, just because), they also ignore the fact that al qaida and its umbrella of affiliates (its a conglomorate, not one group), had already carried out similar attacks over the globe before and after it.....including the trade center a few years before.

Arabs hijacking planes was nothing new. Suicide bombings was nothing new. Kamikaze planes was nothing new.

A few years back, like 2 or 3, a guy flew his plane into an IRS building in texas...this is post 9/11...its not a complicated task....hijacking planes (pre 9/11), turning them around and flying them into buildings is far less complicated and doable than these conspiracy theories would have been.

Let's not forget that OBL and al Qaeda gladly claimed credit for all the hijacked planes that day and celebrated in the streets when the news broke.

and no, Trump could not see them in New Jersey celebrating in the streets,

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Tom, my father worked at North American Rockwell during the 60's through 80's in guidence control. His most cherished item in his office is a commendation for work he did on Apollo. 

One of my favorite videos is that of Buzz Aldrin punching a truther in the jaw. It's what they all deserve.

I never saw that before, thanks for sharing.  It was such a great program, that many people like your Dad took a lot of pride in their contributions to making it happen especially in the tight time pressures of that era.  Rockwell was a great company to work for as well, especially in that era.  I worked at Collins Radio (purchased by Rockwell in 1973) in the avionics and microwave areas.  I met many very dedicated and loyal Rockwell employees who were special people as I traveled to other locations.  They made work a joy!

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Tom, my father worked at North American Rockwell during the 60's through 80's in guidence control. His most cherished item in his office is a commendation for work he did on Apollo. 

One of my favorite videos is that of Buzz Aldrin punching a truther in the jaw. It's what they all deserve.

Sooooooo badass.

Got to hear him speak once. Forget politics and nationalities, dude (and the few like him) are some of the if not the most interesting people ever.

And what a fucking tool to the little twat who tried to front him. Ever notice how these guys always tend to be too young to have actually witnessed the event?

16 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If the World Trade Center was an elaborate rouse, why not do it on say Christmas morning when the buildings would have been nearly empty? Why kill more than 3000 people just to do, what ever their end game was?

Take it further.

If they went to the trouble to crash 2 planes in to the towers, why not the other 2? Why land the plane just to kill people ina warehouse? And why stage a crash in the middle of nowhere? Because the worldwide live broadcast of the towers collapsing wouldnt have been enough? The insurance to really get us fired up was something no one saw? Got it. Makes perfect sense.

"Lets hit the pentagon with a missile. The public will be 50/50 on the 3K killed in the towers, but they wont stand for 100 at the pentagon! I mean, if anything gets americans riled up, its our military getting attacked! Remember all the cries for revenge after the Cole 10 months ago? Or our embassies in africa in 98? Or the khobar towers in 96? The lines in front of the recruiting office stretched for miles!" - General X, played by donald sutherland.

19 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I never saw that before, thanks for sharing.  It was such a great program, that many people like your Dad took a lot of pride in their contributions to making it happen especially in the tight time pressures of that era.  Rockwell was a great company to work for as well, especially in that era.  I worked at Collins Radio (purchased by Rockwell in 1973) in the avionics and microwave areas.  I met many very dedicated and loyal Rockwell employees who were special people as I traveled to other locations.  They made work a joy!

One our best friends started his career out of College at the Anaheim facility in the early 80's just about the time my father moved on to another career. He worked with a lot of people my Dad did in guidence but they never met. As you know Boeing gobbled up Rockwell and Randy just retired from Boeing this year but they've already called him back as a consultant at a rate he determined was worth his time. 

Both him and my father worked in Black World and they will take projects they worked on to the grave. No books, no memoirs, they are the men behind to the curtain that design the stuff that can unleash hell on Earth. I couldn't live with the weight of that responsbility. 

Edited by Blarg

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

Let's not forget that OBL and al Qaeda gladly claimed credit for all the hijacked planes that day and celebrated in the streets when the news broke.

and no, Trump could not see them in New Jersey celebrating in the streets,

And warned of it 3 years before it took place.

All these millenials act like bin laden was this made up guy who came out of nowhere...anyone over 35 (or at least should) knee who he was before 9/11...cnn interviewed him in 98...he was on time magazine...we attacked north africa and specific his camps in afghanistan when clinton was in office (and people blamed clinton for trying to use it to draw attention away from the lewinsky drama).

Bin laden openly declared war on the west before 9/11...he attacked us several times prior to it, and we ignored it. Our arrogance was being naive, snd believing it would only happen "over there". 

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

All these millenials act like bin laden was this made up guy who came out of nowhere...anyone over 35 (or at least should) knee who he was before 9/11...cnn interviewed him in 98...he was on time magazine...we attacked north africa and specific his camps in afghanistan when clinton was in office (and people blamed clinton for trying to use it to draw attention away from the lewinsky drama).

Bin laden openly declared war on the west before 9/11...he attacked us several times prior to it, and we ignored it. Our arrogance was being naive, snd believing it would only happen "over there". 

Clinton's response:

American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the August 7 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

U.S. officials say the six sites attacked in Afghanistan were part of a network of terrorist compounds near the Pakistani border that housed supporters of Saudi millionaire Osama bin Laden.

And then called it a day.

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Clinton's response:

American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the August 7 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

U.S. officials say the six sites attacked in Afghanistan were part of a network of terrorist compounds near the Pakistani border that housed supporters of Saudi millionaire Osama bin Laden.

2 years prior....

25 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It becomes kind of sad to look back on history sometimes, and see where mistakes were made that could have changed the lives and events for so many innocent people.

Wow, this thread strayed a bit.

My Cursed Life - Justin Verlander

Maxim Hot 100 Babes I Didn't Bang - Derek Jeter

Staying Clean and Sober - Josh Hamilton

A Guide to Efficient Spending in the Free Agent Market - Arte Moreno

Wit and Wisdom - Donald Trump

Accepting Personal Responsibility - Hillary Clinton

Things That Aliens Didn't Influence - Georgio Tsoulakos

Proof That Bigfoot Exists - Matt Moneymaker, Cliff Barackman, Ranae Holland and James "Bobo" Fay

Sanity - Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin

Building a Storybook Marriage - Tarek and Christina El Moussa

How to Treat a Woman - Donald Trump

53 minutes ago, tomsred said:

It becomes kind of sad to look back on history sometimes, and see where mistakes were made that could have changed the lives and events for so many innocent people.

Absolutely. 

To go even further back, the biggest mistake we made in the region (and there have been several) was our actions in Beirut. Many point to the revolution in Iran, and to a point it was...except theyre Shia, which are one step above us to the sunni fundamentals. But Beirut is where we ceased being seen in the region as outsiders, and instead being against the muslims (which we absolutely arent). Close to 300 Marines were killed there in a prelude to 9/11 in 83.

The sad reality is that we generally have good intentions...but we think like Americans globally...stupidly believing the rest of the world does, too.

Unfortunately, i think were making the same mistake in Syria. Ive spoken to some syrians here and abroad who are baffled at what were doing...and they hate assad with a passion. To a T they all told me the syrian people know we are trying to help them (and i think we entered it trying to make ammends for iraq), but they hate us for fighting assad (who they hate) because they know the alternative is isis or whatever isis hybrid comes next.

31 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Wow, this thread strayed a bit.

My Cursed Life - Justin Verlander

Maxim Hot 100 Babes I Didn't Bang - Derek Jeter

Staying Clean and Sober - Josh Hamilton

A Guide to Efficient Spending in the Free Agent Market - Arte Moreno

Wit and Wisdom - Donald Trump

Accepting Personal Responsibility - Hillary Clinton

Things That Aliens Didn't Influence - Georgio Tsoulakos

Proof That Bigfoot Exists - Matt Moneymaker, Cliff Barackman, Ranae Holland and James "Bobo" Fay

Sanity - Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin

Building a Storybook Marriage - Tarek and Christina El Moussa

How to Treat a Woman - Donald Trump

I would say that you're book titles strayed a little too.  That's quite a list.