• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are Shields or Scherzer

nando714

It seems that Boras has ignored the lack of contract for the aforementioned players.

Granted Scherzer is in the elite class of pitchers currently, but for how much longer will that be the case?

Teams are increasingly putting more of their money into the under age 30 players.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't see Max getting the 200 mill he wants, I bet he returns to Detroit and takes the offer they gave him early in 2014.

I agree this is the most likely outcome. Maybe they allow him to save face by giving him a little more, such as what Lester got.

It's hard for me to see someone paid so much for essentially three really good seasons, when he has pitched some 1300 MLB innings including the post-season and turns 31 during the middle of the 2015 season.   

Lester has been more proven, and has a less violent delivery.   Both are of similar age as well, granted Lester has pitched 450 more MLB innings including the post-season.

To me anyway, Scherzer should be paid 5 years/$135 million and not a cent more and not any longer length of contract. 

And I would still be hesitant to sign him at that, given our rotten luck recently with big money signings.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It's hard for me to see someone paid so much for essentially three really good seasons, when he has pitched some 1300 MLB innings including the post-season and turns 31 during the middle of the 2015 season.

Lester has been more proven, and has a less violent delivery. Both are of similar age as well, granted Lester has pitched 450 more MLB innings including the post-season.

To me anyway, Scherzer should be paid 5 years/$135 million and not a cent more and not any longer length of contract.

And I would still be hesitant to sign him at that, given our rotten luck recently with big money signings.

You'd pay him $27 million a year? Wow.

I agree with you, I would like Scherzer, even though it would be an overpay.

I wouldn't object to Scherzer at 6/150. Weaver and Wilson will be off the books in two years, and we have enough young pitching depth to carry an overpaid vet if Scherzer declines a bit.

Lets be honest, it wouldnt be a smart move to sign sherzer long term. Assuming the money would handcuff us, his decline, etc, it would be 'unwise'.

That said, you could say that about the majority of FA signings. It would improve us now. It would be cool to see it happen. Neither of those make it 'worth' doing though.

Like insaid, im neutral. I wouldnt like what it means long term, but would get excited for the next 2-3 years of him.

(Chances of it happening are zero anyway)

LOL Tigers:

Of interest on Scherzer/Shields, Tigers official told me today: "We are happy with our starting pitching. We are not pursuing any starters."

If this is true, offer Scherzer 4/120, take it or leave it.Give him the opportunity to rub it in Detroits face with a team that is going to be competitive.