• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jung-Ho Kang

Tyler

I'm sure even Dipoto if he was still with the Angels would take ALL of the blame.

But we know better. The blame is split across the board. Players, Circumstances, Injuries, Owner, Manager and yes, the GM. 

You're just trolling if you put the blame on one guy, one group. Sorry. 

IMO (and I assume I am not alone) the "Goal" is not just to slog through the long season.

The "Goal" is to win in the post season.

As far as I can see, Scioscia has not met the goals set by a top notch baseball organization.

Employees that don't fulfill the goals set by the owners and the customers usually pay the price.

But not in Arte-land, for whatever reason.

Remember Torii Hunter?

Remember when he went on a tirade calling out "Everyone, and I don't just mean the players" for "Going through the motions"

Remember how they told Torii soon after that, they just didn't have the money to keep him?

Remember how they then went out and signed Josh Hamilton?

Those were good times.. 

We didn't have a scouting presence in Asia to be honest.

From what I know, Arte isn't sold on the talent

It'd be awesome if he let his baseball people advise him on that.  If they are the ones influencing this attitude, then he needs to get some new baseball people.  

I can understand avoiding the somewhat unsavory latin markets, but to disregard a potential talent pool as a whole is kooky talk.  

IMO (and I assume I am not alone) the "Goal" is not just to slog through the long season.

The "Goal" is to win in the post season.

As far as I can see, Scioscia has not met the goals set by a top notch baseball organization.

Employees that don't fulfill the goals set by the owners and the customers usually pay the price.

But not in Arte-land, for whatever reason.

ok so Dipoto and Scioscia failed.

It'd be awesome if he let his baseball people advise him on that.  If they are the ones influencing this attitude, then he needs to get some new baseball people.  

I can understand avoiding the somewhat unsavory latin markets, but to disregard a potential talent pool as a whole is kooky talk.  

I agree. Arte is pretty stubborn though from what I understand.

The Angels under Stoneman had scouts in  both Asia and Australia -- they had one scout in the Netherlands as well.   It's long been forgotten but the Angels made a push and a substantial offer to sign Yu Darvish when he was coming out of HS, he ultimately chose to stay in Japan.   

When the Clay Daniel scandal broke all the international scouts were reassigned, the Aussie scout went to Seattle and currently works for the Dodgers.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

Seems to me that Arte Moreno runs this franchise as an extension of his advertising empire.

And as a result, not much that he does makes ANY sense whatsoever in a baseball way!

Although if true, someone needs to remind him how many people from Latin America and Asia now live here.

Ghost Pujols is ONE player, and a vastly declining one at that!

Edited by Angel Oracle