• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jung-Ho Kang

Tyler

I can tell you right off that he's no more of a shortstop than Grant Green is, much more of a 3B. His swing, his barrel definitely spends a ton of time in the zone and he can turn on the ball or spray it to the opposite field. I don't know much about his discipline or average, but to me it looks like he has legit 15 HR power.

I can tell you that your bat is much less an indicator of your position that your glove. 

I will say this, whoever they sign, the Angels are going to need some offense soon. The pitching staff is locked down for the next 5 years, now let's focus on hitting. We have the pieces to minimize the loss of Kendrick. But Freese is gone after next year and it doesn't seem likely that Pujols and Hamilton will be getting any better. Cron's development should help offset some of that, but they're going to need a bat to slot in at 3B pretty soon.

Whether that be Moncada, Baldoquin, Jang, spending money on a 30-something Freese or even someone like Green or Featherston, all I know is the need will be there.

We need a big bat!

Richards, Shoemaker, Skaggs, Heaney, Newcomb, Tropeano, Santiago...etc are all under club-control through at least 2018

That's crazy considering we didn't have 5 of those 7 at the end of the 2013 season.  Plus we still have a couple of years of Weaver and Wilson.   

I do agree that a middle of the order bat is going to be needed sooner than later.  But I trust the scouting team that Kang isn't worth a run.  

• 8 months later...

I do agree that a middle of the order bat is going to be needed sooner than later.  But I trust the scouting team that Kang isn't worth a run.  

I know I am quoting myself here, but this guy would have been a nice pickup and could have played either 2b or 3b.  I am sure we will see a post about how he would have sucked if he were on the Angels.  

I don't know what's worse.  That we didn't take the time to eval him or that we did and we didn't think much of his game.  Guy is gonna cost 4mil per for his four year deal plus a 5.5mil option.  Pretty low risk and high reward.  

Yep, an .821 OPS as the Pirates regular 3B

29 other teams miss out on yet another solid player.

I get what you are saying, but that's kind of a cop out.  Not every other team had the same needs.  Some teams are rebuilding.  Some are poor.  Some have talent and depth in the middle infield.  We fit into none of those categories and didn't submit a bid.  Probably didn't even scout him.