• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Angels going to bring Beckham back?

Revad

Sounds like Dipoto wants him back to compete with Rutledge and Green for 2nd base, or maybe as the late innings replacement for Freese. I'm confused because I still haven't seen a defensive wizard with MLB experience added into the mix.

I like some competition, but these guys are all sort of from the same mold, IMHO. Despite that, now that there's a little salary room I could see a $2M with an option for Beckham.

Taylor Featherston, Yarborough, Green, Rutledge and Baldoquin will make a very interesting Spring Training.  I do not understand where Marc Krauss fits in.  I hope that Navarro and Cowgill continue to shine.  It will also be fun to watch the battle  between Perez, Jett Bandy and Drew Butera for the backup catcher slot.  I do not see Beckham in the Angels plans unless all of the above have a miserable Spring Training.

Taylor Featherston, Yarborough, Green, Rutledge and Baldoquin will make a very interesting Spring Training.  I do not understand where Marc Krauss fits in.  I hope that Navarro and Cowgill continue to shine.  It will also be fun to watch the battle  between Perez, Jett Bandy and Drew Butera for the backup catcher slot.  I do not see Beckham in the Angels plans unless all of the above have a miserable Spring Training.

Theyre hoping  hes a lefty with power off the bench to spell Pujols? 

Why am I starting to hate the phase 'cost controlled' ? When did we become the Astros? Lol

They have to look at cost-controlled options now because Arte said "We're not the Astros!"  and signed Hamilton and Pujols to terrible contracts.  Afterwards, he conceded and let Dipoto do his thing which is stockpiling talent and depth to keep the Angels competitive for the next few years.

Zero Hindsight...at least for me.  Hated the Hamilton contract from the moment it was announced and wasn't thrilled about giving a 31 year old a 10 year deal, even with his HOF credentials.  And I've never said "its not our money" nor did I advocate for signing Lester.  You know, for the record....

I'm also in favor of signing Headley since he provides solid D, would not cost a draft pick, wouldn't need a late-inning defensive caddy like Freese, slots in perfectly to bat 2nd in between Calhoun and Trout, and would solidify an area of the team in which we have zero depth...again, for the record.