• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Winter Meetings Thread

SoWhat

Excuse me? I wasn't talking to you. Mind your own business. You come off looking stupid for making that comment.

no, i won't excuse you. just because you're loud, doesn't make you right.

and lou, i'm good thanks. he needed to be told by someone. end of exchange.

All the national writers and local writers say Haren will only play for Dodgers or Angels.  Are the Dodgers forcing him to retire, is he getting flipped to LAA, or has he agreed to go to Miami?

This is the speculation right now. Haren mentioned on Twitter that if he's traded to any team other than the Angels, he might retire. MLB Trade Rumors speculates that the Angels might be involved somehow.

"ESPN’s Buster Olney (Twitter links) was the first to report that the two sides were having “serious talks” about a Gordon/Heaney trade and described the deal as being “close to done.”  Olney also said that other teams could in on the deal and that Dan Haren‘s name had been mentioned as being involved.  Haren said last month that he could retire if he was pitching anywhere other than with the Dodgers or Angels, or either he’s had a change of heart and is open to Miami, or the Halos could be the other team involved in the talks."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/dodgers-marlins-agree-to-trade-dee-gordon-andrew-heaney.html

Personally, I'm not enthused with doing the Dodgers a favor, but we'll see.

This is the speculation right now. Haren mentioned on Twitter that if he's traded to any team other than the Angels, he might retire. MLB Trade Rumors speculates that the Angels might be involved somehow.

"ESPN’s Buster Olney (Twitter links) was the first to report that the two sides were having “serious talks” about a Gordon/Heaney trade and described the deal as being “close to done.”  Olney also said that other teams could in on the deal and that Dan Haren‘s name had been mentioned as being involved.  Haren said last month that he could retire if he was pitching anywhere other than with the Dodgers or Angels, or either he’s had a change of heart and is open to Miami, or the Halos could be the other team involved in the talks."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/dodgers-marlins-agree-to-trade-dee-gordon-andrew-heaney.html

Personally, I'm not enthused with doing the Dodgers a favor, but we'll see.

I don't think we'd be doing anyone a favor, we'd have all the leverage.  We wouldn't have to absorb the full cost if we wanted him, he could threaten to retire...unless the Marlins knew he'd retire and just took him to help the dodgers clear payroll. 

I don't think we'd be doing anyone a favor, we'd have all the leverage.  We wouldn't have to absorb the full cost if we wanted him, he could threaten to retire...unless the Marlins knew he'd retire and just took him to help the dodgers clear payroll. 

that would be a masterstroke. we sent you to miami danny, go ahead and retire.

Kendrick and Cron for Haren, Cishek, and Cosart.

i guarantee the angels aren't on any page similar to that. they're very happy with the players occupying the key roles. that trade leaves the team, from the FO perspective, with too many starters, too many closers and not enough offense.

Edited by ukyah