• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blue Jays have "placed multiple calls" about Howie Kendrick.

Chuck

Apparently Toronto also wants to bolster their pen and outfield. Send them Howie, Cowgill, and Bedrock for Buehrle and Sanchez. Toronto frees up about 9 million in payroll and the Angels get a middle of the rotation guy for one year while staying just under the tax. Toronto keeps Stroman but parts with Sanchez. The Angels get more pitching depth on top of Buehrle. Toronto also gets more outfield depth as well as the top young relief prospect in baseball.

Lol.

The only way I see Howie getting traded to Toronto is with a contract extension in place. Why would anybody want to up root their family and go to Toronto when you don't have to unless you're getting a boatload of $$$$$.

They really need to fix the rules regarding the draft so that it doesn't create such a strong intentive for so-so teams to completely tank and try to get more bonus pool money. Basing draft pick order on reverse standings is OK but the amount of money alotted for signing bonus money should not be significantly different from the 1st pick and the ~15th. As it is now the difference between worst and third worst is a huge amount of draft pick money, in addition to lower draft pick order.

They really need to fix the rules regarding the draft so that it doesn't create such a strong intentive for so-so teams to completely tank and try to get more bonus pool money. Basing draft pick order on reverse standings is OK but the amount of money alotted for signing bonus money should not be significantly different from the 1st pick and the ~15th. As it is now the difference between worst and third worst is a huge amount of draft pick money, in addition to lower draft pick order.

I'm slow. What does this have to do with what he posted?

I'm slow. What does this have to do with what he posted?

nothing. The mobile version of this site is extremely difficullt to use (post area and quoted text gets covered up when the keyboard pops up for the user to type). I replied to a completely different post than I intended to and didn't catch it because whe nyou go to type on the phone, the keyboard actually completely covers up the text and you can't read as you go along.

Edited by ScottLux

You need a better phone, the mobile app is easy to use and I can scroll up while using the message box.

Doesn't seem to work that way on Android. I had to disable the mobile version and use the full version of the size which requires a lot of zooming and scrolling, but at least it works.

I honestly what the Angels are asking in return.  Sure, Weav,'s on the down-slope of his career, and Wilson may or may not be toast,but after those two it's actually quite promising.  Richards is here for 4 more years, Skaggs is here for 5, Shoemaker for 5-6, Santiago 3-4, they have Sean Newcomb working his way through the system, they have that new kid Tropeano ready to go as well as Ricardo Sanchez down the road and a solid group of potential back-end guys in Nate Smith, Kyle McGowin and Tyler DeLoach.  Then there are some quality arms that can go either way like Cory Rasmus, Alfonso Alcantara and Austin Wood. 

You can never have too much pitching, but that's a ton of possibility.  Perhaps if the team views Baldoquin as the 3B heir apparent, then a future shortstop as return?

TIL that black people hate Canada.

One of my coworkers is a black Canadian who played hockey in high school.

If we know about Kendrick's no-trade clause to Toronto, you would figure that the Jays know it as well. Seems odd that they have inquired about a player who has a limited no-trade clause that includes them.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan