• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ongoing NBA Thread

m0nkey

Durant and Thompson both ended up suffering torn ACL's.  I wouldn't be surprised if both of them end up getting max contract offers (not from GS) despite the fact they'll miss most if not all of next season.  That said their injuries as two of the biggest names available definitely impacts FA and the trade market. 

Congrats to the Raptors. 

I didn't think GS could afford to offer them both max contracts but apparently that isn't the case as it's being reported they plan to do just that.  If Durant stays I'll be curious to see what kind of offer NY makes the Pelicans for Davis who supposedly said he wants to go to the Lakers or Knicks.  Knicks were linked to KD for quite a while and it sounded like at one point he was their top target but that changes depending on what you read.

KD will get a max from someone.  An all time great, but he'll be 32 at the start of the 2020-2021 season, so you're really punting next year and giving 3 years $120 million (or whatever it is) to a 32 year old coming off an Achilles injury.  Makes sense for the Knicks to do it, likely get another high draft pick next year (since apparently Kyrie's going to the Nets) and go for it the following year.

33 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

We obviously don’t know what value he brings off the court to the organization like the article says, but I just can’t imagine the lakers not getting Anthony Davis because of Kyle Kuzma. 

Yep.

Lakers obviously trying to keep either Kuzma or the #4 pick. I think they can pull it off. Who's going to offer a better deal?