• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Four and a half hour, nine inning playoff games - You watching every pitch?

yk9001

Four and a half hour, nine inning playoff games - You watching every pitch?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you watching every pitch?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no but here is the exception, I watched the entire A's drowning to the Royals, the entire Angels clusterfrack with the Royals.

I tuned in only for a few innings to watch the Doyyers collapse and every pitch of Kershaw's last game. Scattered innings of the SF vs Nationals and scattered innings of SF vs Cardinals where I watch the first couple innings, take a break and watch the last couple.

The Royals have most of my attention where I want to see them do their amazing high wire act. The fielding is extraordinary even if the starting pitching is just meh. The late inning heroics are stuff writers will pen prose about for years to come if they continue.

You have to be nimble-fingered to watch them.  They are on at least three different channels - TBS, FX 1 and Fox.  and even worse we get Ron Darling and Cal Ripken.  Those two are horrible.  

I listen to ESPN radio with Dan Schulman and Aaron Boone. Those two are great. No nonsense and intelligent analysis.

I think the issue here is what separates a fan of a given team, from a fan of the game and that team.
I can watch great baseball even if it isnt the Halos playing... have i watched every pitch, no, due to life issues, but i have enjoyed what i have watched for the most part.
How long a game takes has never bothered me if it was good baseball.
Some of the things they are bringing in is getting all little league and a bit silly to try to force these games to fit in a TV window... but the league cares more about TV revenue than it does good baseball so.. it is what it is

The games are four and a half hours for nine innings.

How big do you want the tv window to be?

all games are NOT 4.5 hours.  most are 3-3.5, about the same windows as a football game, slightly longer.

i get what they are doing but this isnt a clock driven game.. you can only do so much to get it to move

all games are NOT 4.5 hours.  most are 3-3.5, about the same windows as a football game, slightly longer.

i get what they are doing but this isnt a clock driven game.. you can only do so much to get it to move

Here are the time of games of the AL playoffs so far:

4:45

4:05

3:48

3:38

3:42

3:41

4:37

4:17

NL:

3:12

3:57

3:27

3:04

3:05

3:55

6:23

2:47

3:15

3:23

I couldn't watch any baseball at first, but I've recovered and am watching every pitch of every game.

I'm noticing the mgrs of the playoff teams don't stand there constantly giving signs to their players..

You obviously are ignoring all the attention they give to Kunts making defensive adjustments. Kunts. Your not paying enough attention to Kunts.