• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who stays and who goes next year?

No more big signings.

The Giants have changed the blueprint for success in this modern era.

Their signing of TIm Hudson is the type of signing we need to make.

If Lester comes here, he will start to decline and suck just like the rest of the big names we have brought over.

The only people who should get paid are homegrown talent that is worth it (like Trout, and probably Richards down the line), and modest signings like a Hudson. 

I'm seriously done with all these rich underperformers. 

I'd fire the fans before the players on the team.

Best team in baseball over 162 games opposed to that of the past three games against arguably the hottest team in baseball.

Then we'd only have the superfans like you left and this fanbase would be the worst in baseball.

this team will be very similarly constructed next year. it's just the way it is contract wise. the guys who've contributed are not FA eligible and the guys who we would like to trade have long contracts and no trade value whatsoever.

They won 98 games, I get it.

However, thank you Arte for the Roger Dorn Hackilton signing. Just, thank you!

I'd fire the fans before the players on the team.

Best team in baseball over 162 games opposed to that of the past three games against arguably the hottest team in baseball.

Are you even aware that KC was basically a .500 team the second half of September, and barely won the WC game at home against a team that was 17-31 to close the season?

I'm not the type of person to sulk so I'm already looking forward to next year. Here are my ideas.

- Let's see how CJ looks in ST. If he still sucks, move him to the bullpen.

- If they can get a Vernon type trade for Hamilton, I'm all for it.

- Rotation of Weav, Richards, Santiago, Rasmus and "new guy" should be fine.

- Dipoto needs to find "new guy."

- Look for a team who thinks Jepsen is a good pitcher.

What am I missing?

The Angels need two things:

1:  Another legitimate starter - CJ is a number five at this point, and there are no guarantees that Richards will be able to go in April of next year.  Personally, I'd go for a Lester or Scherzer. 

2:  Need a legit number four hitter - and the good news is that he can be a DH/OF type.  When you compare Trout's numbers to Anthony Rendon of the Nationals, they are surprisingly similar in runs scored in spite of Trout being on base about 30 more times.  The Angels just got virtually nothing from the four hole in the line up.  I'm not completely giving up on Hamilton, but it is foolish to depend upon him to be anything more than an injury prone shell of himself.

I'm not the type of person to sulk so I'm already looking forward to next year. Here are my ideas.

- Let's see how CJ looks in ST. If he still sucks, move him to the bullpen.

- If they can get a Vernon type trade for Hamilton, I'm all for it.

- Rotation of Weav, Richards, Santiago, Rasmus and "new guy" should be fine.

- Dipoto needs to find "new guy."

- Look for a team who thinks Jepsen is a good pitcher.

What am I missing?

You're missing Shoemaker.

Also, Santiago is just about as good as CJ right now.

Wouldn't mind if he's traded as well.

axe AO, Troll Daddy, and QuinlansMinion

everybody else should get a promotion, if anything

Wait a minute, I'm the one who pushes to not sign any more washed up stars to big contracts.

Time to study the LA Kings, who run a rock solid franchise FREE of huge signings of washed up players from other teams. Passing on Kovalchuk was sheer brilliance!

Edited by Angel Oracle

Yeah, right. Dipoto is too statistically savvy to be wanting something like that.

Dipoto has no authority to tell and/or force Scioscia who to play. The manager makes that call. Unless Scioscia is a puppet he is not taking orders from anyone regarding things like that. Playing Hamilton and Wilson was strictly his call.