• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who stays and who goes next year?

Seriously, I think there are a ton of knee jerk reactions going on here. The roster will be a year older and like every offseason, there are adjustments to make, but my goodness, a98 win team should at least have it's core kept in tact.

Trout, Pujols, Calhoun, Kendrick and Aybar on offense. Whatever happens outside if them, happens. The same with the pitching staff.

The only actual changes I would make are moving CJ to the bullpen, sliding Rasmus into the rotation and replacing Grilli and Salas with Pestano, Diaz and Bedrock.

It's downright exciting when you think about that homegrown SP depth. Weav, Richards, Shoe, Rasmus(sort of), and soon enough guys like Newcomb and McGowin.

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

After the sweep, who will still be around next year? I'm fine with everyone going aside from Trout, Aybar, Weaver, Richards and shoemaker.

Everybody is staying.  Wishful thinking has me hoping the "embarrassment of the ALDS plus injuries will get Hamilton thinking about retirement.

For those hoping Pujols leaves, I highly doubt we get a "better 1b".  We certainly can find one cheaper, but Pujols was above average this year.

Kendrick was above average as well, despite the hate.

I wouldn't have a problem replacing Freese, but again, who will we find that is better?

We need to find a power hitting DH or LF and move Hamilton to DH.  Hamilton as bad as he is with the bat is still pretty good defensively.

As for the bench, they all did their jobs.

trout isn't a speed guy. not anymore. he can't run because of pujols, but it's not that pujols doesn't like guys running in front of him, but rather "there are a lack of opportunities." want to buy a bridge?

based on his single SB attempt against the Royals, Pujols has nothing to do with him not being a speed guy.  He was gout by two steps.

Um, no. It is just pure hyperbole to think there will be a complete makeover. This team won 98 games and can win 90+ again. Wilson and Hamilton will both be given at least one more chance.

Why might happen is that Moreno doubles down and goes after a big arm. But other that, only tweaks.

I do think Wilson will be given another chance.  I just think the Angels should "hedge their bets" with him and have another starter available someplace.

Hamilton will be given another chance but I have given up on his bat.  We had a bad year followed by an equally bad year.  

I say go after Lester (he won't cost us a draft pick).  If not then go after back end rotation guys.

They won 98 games, I get it.

However, thank you Arte for the Roger Dorn Hackilton signing. Just, thank you!

That will go down as the worst FA signing in Angel history.  At least Pujols had a good five months in 2012 and a solid 2014.

Hamilton only gave us a good two weeks in two years.

What makes it worse is that Hunter is still productive and we could have got him for a third of the cost.

Edited by stormngt

I think most of the club stays. We get another starter and tweak the bullpen and bench.

This team won 98 games with Hamilton playing 89 games and Calhoun and Richards missing a lot of time.

What's wrong with giving the crux of the team another go-round? They're not old.

agreed

I am fine with keeping most of the players we have.

I don't want to sign any other big names ever again, unless they are big names we developed in house, like Trout and Richards. No to Lester, Shields or anyone else. 

I do want to somehow shed Hamilton and keep Wilson in the BP.

It would be nice to get a middle of the rotation starter.

We have 3 aces going next year in Richards, Shoe and Weave. 

The bullpen should be dominant.

I want to see a strong start from Scioscia's team next year. My biggest gripe with him is his teams' play after breaks, such as the offseason going into April and the end of Septembe going into October. Something has to change from that standpoint. 

Despite the Scioscia endorsements, Iannetta's defense is weak, throwing is horrible, and framing is even worse.  We need a decent catcher.

Like everyone else in MLB, another SP is needed. 

More speed and youth desirable, but probably not attainable with the contracts in place.  The old guys will be getting even older...and there are a lot of them.

Wouldn't miss Scioscia if he wasn't around next season.

Yeah, let's dump more than half of the team that won 98 games this year. 

Sounds like a great ****ing idea! 

who are you talking to?

regarding my post specifically, the reason for dumping those players is to win in the postseason as well.

i know you love winning 98 games, but personally i love winning world series.  im sorry if u disagree with that.

They came back to beat the A's. What is your point? That had no relevance to anything that happened in the Angels series. None whatsoever.

Your posts are something worse than that.

The Royals seemed to have came back and won two of the three in extra innings. That would be the same fate the A's succumbed to.

I'm saying the Royals beat the A's in extra innings like they did the Angels, twice. You are not the best team if beaten in a sweep in the post season. The Angels had too many holes that over the season cam be hidden but are horribly exposed in the post season.

A two man rotation wasn't getting them to the world series and their offense that the core had faltered down the stretch wasn't good enough.

Weaver and Shoemaker pitched fine. The first two games were winnable. It would've been nice to have a little more luck and some better execution during the key moments. Didn't happen

Wilson shouldn't have even been pitching. Rasmus was a way better option. Even Santiago

The Angels were the superior team, 3 games notwithstanding

Edited by Angels

Weaver and Shoemaker pitched fine. The first two games were winnable. It would've been nice to have a little more luck and some better execution during the key moments. Didn't happen

Wilson shouldn't have even been pitching. Rasmus was a way better option. Even Santiago

The Angels were the superior team, 3 games notwithstanding

In these three games the Royals pitched, hit and defended better.  I think the Angels should have won this series but not gotten through the next round.  Shoe, Weave and then nothing.

Right. And I suppose you also think the Giants are better than the Nats?

There are times you have to just look at the box score and realize that is the final truth. So far the NL hasn't posted LDS winners, so there is room for speculation since they are at least going back and forth. But the Orioles swept the Tigers and I see no argument that the Tigers were better than their demise.