• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

it's one game

Schildog

When a well rested team loses to a jet lagged wild card team late in to the night it's not a good sign. Yes it's game 1 but we wasted another great performance by Jered Weaver. We also gave up home field advantage in the ALDS. Now we place the burden on our rookie Shoemaker followed by Wilson on the road.

Game 1 was a terrible loss.

My big fear is the offense sleeping through an early exit because of the three days off.

If the Royals had lost last night I would have bought their story having to win a late extra inning wild card game vs the A's before traveling to the west coast while the Angels relaxed at home for 3 days. The Excuse-a-Matic machine is plugged in.

When a well rested team loses to a jet lagged wild card team late in to the night it's not a good sign. Yes it's game 1 but we wasted another great performance by Jered Weaver. We also gave up home field advantage in the ALDS. Now we place the burden on our rookie Shoemaker followed by Wilson on the road.

Game 1 was a terrible loss.

Having flown over 50k miles this year I can advise that jet lag due to a flight from KC to LA is negligible.

KC was very ready to play.

Give KC credit... they made a number of absolutely great defensive plays... that was the difference.

I'm not worried.

And, they excuted with runners in scoring position.  KC outplayed the Angels last night.  Considering how young they are, last nights victory has to help their confidence.

One game...seems most on this board are giving up.

Thoughts from an Angels fan in Kansas City:

Angels looked horrible and lost by one.

Royals are already hinting that 1/3 of their miraculous bullpen is going to be out.

Ned Yost is a bonehead and is good for a lose or two on his own

Vargas will have to pitch twice in a five game series

Guthrie is game four starter and is not all that either.

Shield is bad in post-season.

too early to worry

In the regular season, it's just one game.  In the playoff's, however, it's different. Every success is multiplied, every mistake magnified.  In the regular season, you have time to recover, in the playoff's it's win or go home.

These are the moments that the players, coaches, managers, and owners work years towards; the players through years of training alone in the cage and on little league fields around the world, owners by opening up their wallets with decade long contracts, managers in acquiring the talent and the coaches in moving the pieces around for 189 games.

It all comes down to October Baseball.

It's not just one game, it's a lifetime's worth of commitment coming to fruition in one 9 inning stretch.

It was one game - one ugly frustrating game but I still fully believe that this team will come back strong tonight and that we will win this series - Go Angels !!! ( my optimism doesn't extend to Hamilton though - although I believe we will win this series despite him )

Edited by vlad27

Amen. Losing at home in Game 1 has already shifted this series heavily into the Royals favor. All that hard work for HFA Is already wiped out. They had plenty of chances to come through and they collectively blew it. Can't do that, not at this point

I don't remember any hard work for HFA.  Seems to me the team completely dogged it after clinching the division.  That is, after they recovered from their hangover.

One game in a 5 game playoff series is HUGE.

Especially since:

1. Shoemaker is a question mark ( I hope not, but he will be playing injured)

2. Nibs is pitching game 3, nuff said there

3. Weaver will be going on short rest....historically not good numbers when he does that

4.  If this offense continues, we are doomed.  

Ok, I've vented....lets get them in game 2

I don't remember any hard work for HFA.  Seems to me the team completely dogged it after clinching the division.  That is, after they recovered from their hangover.

They had to play good baseball for 6 months, better than anybody else in the American League to secure HFA. That takes a lot of work. OBviously, once they secured it, they sort of just dogged it down the stretch. I don't think that's why they came out flat though, but who knows. They were basically resting up the last 14 or so days before having to play a meaningful game

We've seen it before with this offense....they're either all clicking or they collectively suck. They better get hot and fast because when this offense slumps it's ugly, and last night was ugly.

Edited by bloodbrother

One game...seems most on this board are giving up...Angels looked horrible and lost by one.

Correct, especially when everything broke the Royals way.

Royals are already hinting that 1/3 of their miraculous bullpen is going to be out.

I have not heard this, but if true it is a huge advantage for the Angels.

Ned Yost is a bonehead and is good for a lose or two on his own

This is very true. Yost didn't have to manage much last night. If the game comes down to Yost having to make a key decision it will be to the Angels advantage.

Vargas will have to pitch twice in a five game series

I have to believe the Angels will be much better against Vargas if they face him again.

Guthrie is game four starter and is not all that either

Mentally, Guthrie is very weak. Ask any Rockies fan that watched him completely give up when things didn't go his way pitching at Coors Field. Granted, Coors Field is tough place to pitch, but a real MLB pitcher would compete and battle. Guthrie did neither. If the Angels could string a few hits together and score a few runs early against him I predict he will fold.

Shield is bad in post-season

Where did the nickname "Big Game James" come from anyway? His post-season ERA is 5.26. That doesn't scream "big game" does it?

too early to worry

Agree. One bad game does not change the key fact that the Angels are a better team with a better manager. I understand the best team doesn't always win and enthusiasm, confidence, and good luck can trump talent and skill. But the series didn't end last night.

Except that Scioscia went back to NL style Scioscia, after all season eschewing the stupid sac bunt, which should be made illegal because it's stupid to give up an out, especially on a 3-1 count!

Shields is big game James, next to Nibs Nibbler.

Advantage:  Shields

Edited by Angel Oracle