• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Clinch AL West

I avoided social media all day while I was at work to come home and watch without knowing the score. What a feeling.

This team deserves such big props. I always thought we'd win the division title if most things went right for us (most teams are in a similar boat) but never thought we could win with this much going wrong. But to overcome the seemingly endless pitching injuries (Skaggs, Richards, Mulder, Alvarez, Burnett), your closer turning from being decent to one of the worst pitchers in baseball and the offensive injuries/struggles too says a hell of a lot. A hell of a lot of guys have proven people wrong this year. We deserve this, when this much goes wrong and you win the division so comfortably it really tells you something. Props to the players, props to Scioscia and props to Dipoto. I've been critical of all of them at various points, but you can't argue with this result. Long may it continue.

Scioscia Takes Place Atop Skipper Elite

30003.jpg Mike Scioscia joined a select club of active managers Wednesday night with his sixth division title -- all with the Angels:

Most Division Titles

Among Active Managers

Mike Scioscia

6*

Bruce Bochy

Ron Gardenhire

Buck Showalter

3*

Joe Girardi

Bob Melvin

*Includes this season

-- ESPN Stats & Information

If we win the World Series you'll hear nothing but positives from me. But anything less than that will be somewhat of a disappointment. That goes for any team's fans in the playoffs.

That being said, I'm very happy this morning with the division title. We were picked for fourth place by most of the pundits, yet we have the best record in baseball. How did that happen? Talent, determination, an amazing bullpen, contributions from everyone up and down the lineup, and yes, good managing. Scioscia's experience and steadiness were a big plus down the stretch.

Great job Halos!!!   So freakin' happy for these guys.  Injuries, struggles...but they continually picked each other up and that's what winners do!

Going to the game tonight.  Was hoping to watch them clinch tonight, but who cares!  They made it baby!!!!

Just three more celebrations to go......

LTBU

PS.  I need to change my avatar....they made it!!!!

PSS  Thank you Rangers!!!   Last time I will ever say that, btw.

Congrats to everyone from the players to the coaching staff to the front office to the farm system, for all coming together to put up this tremendous season that followed 4 years of a lot of disappointment! 

Now, on to securing HFA in the post-season and staying healthy!

P.S.:  Thank you Houston (6-6 finish vs the A'ths after a 1-6 start) and Tejas (sweeping first two in Oakland)!

Edited by Angel Oracle