• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Celebrity Fans

LightTheHalo

WTF? I lived in the Bay Area for 2 years. Giants fans are awful. Sports fans from SF in general are awful. It's more of a "wouldn't it be a hoot of we went to the baseball match" thing there.

There are real fans in the San Jose area and Fremont and south. But anything in SF itself is not a fan. It's a douchy, far left liberal who actually thinks it's in humane to play a sporting game using animal skins as the ball and gloves, to chop down trees for bats and have rapist men playing (all men are rapists).

THAT is SF.

i went to college in norcal and i can confirm this.

also, their sports broadcasts on the nightly news were worse than anything you can imagine in the world of journalism.

From a Mike Inez interview ...

Favorite team: "Mine is the California Angels. I grew up in Southern California, my father was a huge Angels fan. So it was cool in the '70s because the Angels were this tar pit where all the old dinosaurs would go to die (laughs). I grew up watching Nolan Ryan pitch, Frank Tanana, Bobby Grich, Frank Robinson, Bobby Valentine, Reggie Jackson, so it was really cool seeing all those guys at the tail end of their careers. Except for Ryan, of course. He went back to the Republic of Texas and threw a couple no-hitters.

"I'm 44 now, so he was pretty much my age, throwing no-hitters. It's pretty crazy."

Favorite player of all time: "It would probably be Ryan. I just love that mean old b------."

Current player that impresses you the most: "I gotta tell you, I think Pujols is just fantastic. I go to a lot of Cardinals games because me and Jerry are really good friends with [st. Louis manager Tony] La Russa. So he's always turning us on to games and stuff. We hit a lot of those games. So right now I think Pujols is probably my favorite."

How many games per year do you get out to see? "I try to hit as many as I can, especially when we're on the road, that's the first thing I look at, the baseball schedule for the summertime, you know. Gosh, I think I've been to almost every stadium at this point, you know. Old Yankee Stadium, me and Jerry went to a game there and it was really nice. We're trying to hit all these cathedrals before they close down."

Favorite major league ballpark: "I like Angel Stadium. (Laughs) Something feels right with the world when I walk through the gates. I'm like, 'Oh, OK, cool.' It's just something familiar from my childhood."

"The Tar Pit" is an AMAZING nickname I've never thought of. Gonna start using it now.

Well, I've been to a number of games at AT&T over the past few years and I find SF Giants fans pretty rabid and into the game......much more so than what you see on a typical night in Anaheim.

and , yes, SF may be full of characters but they love their Giants and it seems to cut across all demographics up there.......

I also think AT&T is, perhaps, the best ballpark in MLB.

I really like our ballpark and enjoy watching games at Angel Stadium.  Good folks, nice fans, fun stuff but I wouldn't say our fan base is as rabid for the Halos as the AT&T crowd is for their Giants.

Well, I've been to a number of games at AT&T over the past few years and I find SF Giants fans pretty rabid and into the game......much more so than what you see on a typical night in Anaheim.

and , yes, SF may be full of characters but they love their Giants and it seems to cut across all demographics up there.......

I also think AT&T is, perhaps, the best ballpark in MLB.

I really like our ballpark and enjoy watching games at Angel Stadium. Good folks, nice fans, fun stuff but I wouldn't say our fan base is as rabid for the Halos as the AT&T crowd is for their Giants.

It's the difference between a team in the center of a metropolitan city, versus one in a suburb.