• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adrian Peterson indicted for reckless/negligent injury to child

bloodbrother

Yeah, we had a friend of the family that when the kids got out of line he made them go to the backyard to get a switch. He always ended the process with, "Go get one and if it's weak or too soft I'm going to get a harder one than I would on my own." I think he did that with belts too. This was here in SoCal too.

From reading some comments it seemed the average kid would get a flimsy one thinking it would hurt less but it actually hurt more than the stiffer pieces because of the bullwhip action.

my mom had to go get her own switch when she was a little girl. that was in illinois in the 1930s. i'm surprised at how many here have said they had to do the same thing.

none of the kids i grew up with used a switch. it was always a paddle or, more often than not, just a spanking with the hand. my parents usually just used their hand with me, though i think my dad would sometimes use a wooden spoon.

at school we used to get spanked with a wooden paddle. in first grade, though, my principal had a leather razor strap, and i got spanked with that once. Only once.

Vikings announced he will be active this week vs NO

Of course they did. Guy already is quoted as admitting to hitting the kid, but the Vikes are hiding behind the fact that they'll let things play out in court. "Due process" yada yada

If it wasn't their star RB and just some guy on the roster, you know they'd have just released him. Oh wait, that's exactly what they did do last year

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt  Â·  2h

On 11/25/13 the Vikings' AJ Jefferson was arrested on domestic assault charges. He was released an hour later. Due process?

Can't forget how they handled Chris Cook's situation. They made him stay away from the team while legal process played out, but Peterson gets to return

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt  Â·  2h

On cue. RT @APkrawczynski Vikings taking different path with AP than Chris Cook, asked to stay away while legal process played out

Edited by bloodbrother

My grandmother who I primarily was raised by grew up in the south. She would paddle me with this neon green plastic spatula that was slightly melted causing it to be slightly jagged in appearance. In retrospect it didn't really inflict much pain at all but damn if the mental image of it still doesn't give me shivers.

Yeah, we had a friend of the family that when the kids got out of line he made them go to the backyard to get a switch. He always ended the process with, "Go get one and if it's weak or too soft I'm going to get a harder one than I would on my own." I think he did that with belts too. This was here in SoCal too.

That is text book child abuse, FYI.

For the "it was fine when I was a kid crowd..." when your parents were kids it was OK for dad to beat the shit out of mom for being out of line too.

I was the last of three boys.  When I was in kindergarten I got my mouth washed out with soap for telling a lie, and once my dad hit me for letting my brother take punishment for something I did.  Other than that, there were a few spankings but mostly...lectures.  Yelling at me for 15 minutes and then repeating it twice.  I almost wished he'd just hit me and shut up.  That's obviously because he didn't hit me.

I have nothing against spanking, but this isn't spanking.  Leaving welts is abuse.  That's a beating.  I think beatings are counterproductive.  

Yeah -- that was sort of my point...      I don't think anyone has an issue with a spanking but that wasn't remotely close to a spanking..   To take it to where he did was criminal..   It's worse knowing that he had a child killed by a beating...    

Edited by Inside Pitch

Anytime you make your kid bleed repeatedly, you stopped being a dad.

agreed, its this type of treatment that messes up people for life. Especially if there isn't much positive interaction with the child, either. Which I'm guessing there isn't because he's a pro football player and probably isn't around much.

sometimes treatment like this turns kids into criminals