• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Am I the only one concerned about Hamilton?

Torridd

If we're hitting like this without him, could you imagine if he joined the party? I also think we're going to need him down the road so I hope this injury doesn't turn out to be disastrous. I mean, we've already gone that route with Richards and Skaggs.

I think an MRI is imminent and I hope it doesn't show anything bad for the long run. 

I'm concerned. The offense has been red hot for all of 5 or 6 days, after looking like complete shite for weeks after the ASB. I'm sure it's going to go cold again, and come October this team is going to need all the hitters they can get. I just don't see them going very far without Hamilton being in there and at least partially resembling his old self.

That's a bit how I see it. Sooner or later, probably later in the playoffs, we're going to need a big hit. At this point, it looks like we can skate through the regular season. My faith in how well Cowgill and others face All-Star pitching in the playoffs is not very strong.

That's a bit how I see it. Sooner or later, probably later in the playoffs, we're going to need a big hit. At this point, it looks like we can skate through the regular season. My faith in how well Cowgill and others face All-Star pitching in the playoffs is not very strong.

Yeah I agree. Hammy needs to come back.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. 

I think after seeing what happened to Oakland after the Cespedes trade (a guy with somewhat deceivingly good numbers), I've started to buy in to the need to have some hitters just for their "presence" in the line-up, even if the numbers don't exactly show them to be hitting that well...

Torrid, I'm with you.  I am concerned.  I'd like to see him back in the lineup.  His streaky performance aside, I think they team has much more upside with him in the lineup.  Call me crazy, but I'll take my chances with Josh Hamilton over guys like Cowgill in the post season.

I love how some fans like to make proclamations about whether or not a player is "done."  It's one of the things that makes me crazy.  Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but this board loves to pile on when a player is down.  Sometimes it's as if they take joy in that process. The silly nicknames are juvenile and tiresome. 

I believe he can still be productive and a force in the middle of the lineup.  He's had lots of nagging injuries and that's unfortunate.  I'm not even close to writing him off.