• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Price to the Tigers

Wait, people actually think this is a good deal for Detroit? They traded Fister for peanuts and then traded two solid major league players for Price. You guys know that Smyly is actually good, right? 

And you know that Price is a number one and can take over for Scherzer next year right?

Smyly is a solid pitcher but he can easily be replaced with a free agent.

Walker not the pitcher he was a year ago.

Delivery completely changed.  Fastball 90-93 mph compared to 95-98 before he completely changed his mechanics.  Release point all ****ed up since switching to the more upright follow through.  

All depends on what the M's get for him.  

Sounds like what Skaggs went through in Arizona, except someone had him change his over there.   Did Walker change them on his own? 

Tigers offense gets worse as well.  They are very dependent on Cabrera and Martinez.  And like we just saw when we took 3 out of 4 from them, slow down Cabrera and they are very beatable. 

I just heard something really funny though on MLB Network regarding Price signing an extension, "maybe he falls in love with Detroit these next couple of months."  I dont think anyones ever fallen in love with Detroit.

Walker not the pitcher he was a year ago.

Delivery completely changed. Fastball 90-93 mph compared to 95-98 before he completely changed his mechanics. Release point all ****ed up since switching to the more upright follow through.

All depends on what the M's get for him.

He's not broken goods though. He can work on those mechanics.

Edit: oh wait, he was injured I think. Oh well

Edited by failos

Tigers offense gets worse as well.  They are very dependent on Cabrera and Martinez.  And like we just saw when we took 3 out of 4 from them, slow down Cabrera and they are very beatable. 

I just heard something really funny though on MLB Network regarding Price signing an extension, "maybe he falls in love with Detroit these next couple of months."  I dont think anyones ever fallen in love with Detroit.

Jackson was expendable because of emergence of JD Martinez.  

When everyone was healthy, someone in the outfield had to sit and Martinez has been their best bat in the outfield all year.

Smyly is really good. Would you trade Aybar and Richards for Price?

I don't know about Smyly.  Just looking at his stats.  Year 1, 1.27 WHIP, 3.09 ERA mainly a starter.  Year 2, 1.04/2.37 mainly as a reliever.  year 3 so far, 1.31/3.77 ERA mainly as a starter.  

They are good numbers, WHIP is concerning as a starter, and he might be a better reliever.  

So it's more like Green and Santiago for Price.  And I'd do that.