• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Birthday Barry Bonds!

Yeah, and so did many other players. Why judge Bonds more harshly?

Anyhow, I guess Val Kilmer did steroids, as well as almost every man who was bigger, thicker and fatter at age 40 than at age 20:

Or what about Brendan Fraser while we're at it:

I'm not saying Bonds didn't do steroids--it seems clear that he did--but A) It doesn't bother me because I'm not a judgmental puritan and it seems clear that a large number of Bonds' generation was doing it so I see no reason to single him out, B) He was still amazing, and C) these pictures presume that people don't get larger/wider as they age, and they do.

High horse: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/14810-street-trade-poll/

Yeah, Bonds was better. Numbers are pretty clear

you might want to introduce yourself to the googles

Williams had a higher ops and hit 46 (!) points higher for his career. 

oh, and while barry was cheating and being a prick, williams spent his 3 year vacation fighting for his country.

Bonds and Lebron as underdogs is pretty awesome. Let me guess you're a huge fan of that underdog team the Harlem Globetrotters?

damn

tried to come up with something and drew a blank.

you hit it out of the park

I do also wonder how much the heavy armour on his arm while batting aided him.

That being said, his pitch recognition skills, IBBs aside, were really good. That was a large factor in his success, rarely chasing bad pitches.

He pretty much averaged only 60-70 Ks a season. Think about that compared to today's sluggers.

Edited by Angel Oracle

oh, and while barry was cheating and being a prick, williams spent his 3 year vacation fighting for his country.

OPS and BA aren't the only important stats, plus they need to be contextualized for the era.

Anyhow, Williams was a better hitter - he was better than anyone not named "Babe." But Bonds was a much better fielder and base-runner.

Players with higher career WAR than Bonds -

Ruth

Young

Johnson

That is all.

OPS and BA aren't the only important stats, plus they need to be contextualized for the era.

Anyhow, Williams was a better hitter - he was better than anyone not named "Babe." But Bonds was a much better fielder and base-runner.

I agree

I heard somewhere he may have cheated to achieve his record-breaking numbers. I don't like to blame people without evidence, but there was definitely some suspicious stuff going on, from what I've heard.  

You better come strong w/a link if you're gonna be spreading that kind of blasphemy, Ray!  :D

Was my favorite player growing up. I remember I was at my first Fantasy Football Draft when Barry hit 756 will never forget it I screamed like a school girl once I heard the ball off his bat.

Love you Barry f the haters

Lol at "haters."

Someone has a different opinion than me, so they are a hater!