• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Birthday Barry Bonds!

why judge?

because he cheated

Yeah, and so did many other players. Why judge Bonds more harshly?

Anyhow, I guess Val Kilmer did steroids, as well as almost every man who was bigger, thicker and fatter at age 40 than at age 20:

Val-Kilmer-Before-After_thumb.jpg

Or what about Brendan Fraser while we're at it:

brendan-fraser-10-hot-stars.jpg

I'm not saying Bonds didn't do steroids--it seems clear that he did--but A) It doesn't bother me because I'm not a judgmental puritan and it seems clear that a large number of Bonds' generation was doing it so I see no reason to single him out, B) He was still amazing, and C) these pictures presume that people don't get larger/wider as they age, and they do.

Anyhow, I guess Val Kilmer did steroids, as well as almost every man who was bigger, thicker and fatter at age 40 than at age 20:

Or what about Brendan Fraser while we're at it:

brendan-fraser-10-hot-stars.jpg

I'm not saying Bonds didn't do steroids--it seems clear that he did--but A) It doesn't bother me because I'm not a judgmental puritan and it seems clear that a large number of Bonds' generation was doing it so I see no reason to single him out, B) He was still amazing, and C) these pictures presume that people don't get larger/wider as they age, and they do.

I hate cheaters. always will.

it's the way I was raised

you're okay with someone cheating? why, because "everyone else is doing i"? because chicks dig the long ball?

he lied and lied and lied some more while he was cheating. don't care what he accomplished - he cheated the game (as did others) to try and gain an advantage. that's not okay with me.

Didn't his cap size also increase as he got older? If someone gains weight, is that normal? I'm twenty pounds heavier than I was when I was 20 years old. At 40, the same hats still fit. And I have an enormous head. I hope he never makes the HOF. That would be a tiny bit of justification. 

Im not a fan of the guy at all, bruin. Agree he was a snatch, agree that its not ok. I just think guys like him and mcgwire took the brunt of finger pointing (along with the other big name guys) while the majority of the league escaped because canseco didnt mention them.

I hate to say it, but theres more than a few from our own beloved team I have my own suspicions about. Just saying that it was a lot more wide spread than a lot of people believe.

..........and the nba still hasnt had its whistleblower...

Who?

in terms of our own guys?

Wont name names, because there is ZERO proof. But ive been around enough juicers in my life to spot certain things. The public thinks its only guys who get huge muscle mass (much like they believe all meth addicts are sucked up, and alcoholics are all fat). But you can get big or trim on steroids, it all depends on diet and which drugs youre taking.

The main signs I look for are fluke injuries. Steroids will give you MUSCLE mass, yes. They still dont give you ligament mass.....so figure two balloons being held together by a rubber band. Keep inflating the balloons but the rubber band stays the same...Sooner or later that rubber band will snap.

If it snaps because of some weird unnatural movement, like a tackle or something, its understandable. If it snaps because you swung a bat too hard, or slid into a base....things youve done a million times since little league...thats where it becomes suspicious.

Here, ill throw one out because hes not an angel and wont incur the wrath on here. There used to be a sure shot hall of famer (at the time), played shortstop. Was a god with the bat, super fit and young....lasted about 6 years before he started getting hurt every dew months, ended his career as a simple contact hitter (no power) playing 1B.

That one I know for sure, and wont say why. And he was never once implicated....

If just about everybody was doing it ... can you really call it cheating.

yes, you still can.

But, its (for me) more of a 'he cheated the old guys, not his contemporaries'.

The steroid era is wrong in that guys like hank aaron get screwed. So bonds and company need to have that held against them in light of the legacy players. That said, bonds was still the best of his generation. It wasnt steroids that made him better than everyone else.

Put it like this, derrick turnbow (anybody remember him) was one of our first to get popped. Did they gelp him become the best? Not anywhere close.

you're okay with someone cheating? why, because "everyone else is doing i"? because chicks dig the long ball?

he lied and lied and lied some more while he was cheating. don't care what he accomplished - he cheated the game (as did others) to try and gain an advantage. that's not okay with me.

I didn't say I was OK with someone cheating. I just don't have the instant knee-jerk moralistic reaction to it, because I realize that the vast majority of human beings are hypocrites in one way or another, so why get all in a tiff when someone is found out? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

I also don't think Bonds should be singled out, just because he broke some sacred records. I think there are other reasons why Bonds is singled out, but I won't get into that here.

Here, ill throw one out because hes not an angel and wont incur the wrath on here. There used to be a sure shot hall of famer (at the time), played shortstop. Was a god with the bat, super fit and young....lasted about 6 years before he started getting hurt every dew months, ended his career as a simple contact hitter (no power) playing 1B.

That one I know for sure, and wont say why. And he was never once implicated...

Is an anagram of his first name "Moran?" ;)

Makes me remember one fabulous week when all of the Dodgers' fans became Angels' fans. Just for that week, but it was cool to see all of So Cal pulling for the defeat of the Giants and keeping Barroid from getting a ring.

I didn't say I was OK with someone cheating. I just don't have the instant knee-jerk moralistic reaction to it, because I realize that the vast majority of human beings are hypocrites in one way or another, so why get all in a tiff when someone is found out? "Judge not lest ye be judged."

I also don't think Bonds should be singled out, just because he broke some sacred records. I think there are other reasons why Bonds is singled out, but I won't get into that here.

Is an anagram of his first name "Moran?" ;)

Cant say AJ. No Mah hints ;)

Im not a fan of the guy at all, bruin. Agree he was a snatch, agree that its not ok. I just think guys like him and mcgwire took the brunt of finger pointing (along with the other big name guys) while the majority of the league escaped because canseco didnt mention them.

I hate to say it, but theres more than a few from our own beloved team I have my own suspicions about. Just saying that it was a lot more wide spread than a lot of people believe.

..........and the nba still hasnt had its whistleblower...

I agree that it was widespread.  I hate all cheaters.