• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

• 3 weeks later...
Rabbi stabbed multiple times outside synagogue, suspect in custody

Rabbi stabbed multiple times outside synagogue, suspect in custody

A rabbi was stabbed multiple times Thursday outside a Boston synagogue but is expected to recover. 

The incident occurred just before 1:20 p.m. on Chestnut Hill Avenue in the city's Brighton neighborhood, the Boston Police Department told Fox news. 

The victim, Rabbi Shlomo Noginsky, was stabbed outside the Shaloh House, a synagogue and school that had a children's day camp in session at the time of the attack, ColLive.com reported. Noginsky, a father who moved to Boston from Israel to serve the city's Russian-speaking Jewish community, was sitting on the front steps of the building when the suspect approached him and drew a gun, the outlet said. 

The alleged attacker, identified by police as 24-year-old Khaled Awad, told Noginsky to take him to his car and attempted to force him inside, the outlet reported. The rabbi tried running across the street to a nearby park called Brighton Common and was stabbed multiple times in the arm. 

• 1 month later...

Israel strikes Gaza after violent protests along border

Israel's military bombed Palestinian militant weapons sites in the Gaza Strip early Sunday in response to a violent demonstration on the perimeter fence that left an Israeli police officer critically injured, the army said.

Saturday's violence erupted after hundreds of Palestinians took part in a demonstration organized by Gaza’s Hamas rulers to draw attention to the Israeli-Egyptian blockade of the territory. The demonstration grew violent after dozens of people approached the fortified border fence and threw rocks and explosives toward Israeli soldiers from behind a black smoke screen billowing from burning tires.

At least 24 Palestinians, including a 13-year-old, were injured by Israeli gunfire, according to the Gaza health ministry. An Israeli Border Police officer was shot and critically injured.

The army said in a statement that in response to the violent demonstrations, fighter planes hit "four weapons and storage manufacturing sites" belonging to Gaza’s Hamas rulers, and that the military deployed additional troops to the region near the border with the

• 2 years later...

LIVE UPDATES: US ‘unequivocally condemns’ historic Hamas attack on Israel, Netanyahu declares ‘war’

Israel has characterized the Hamas attacks as a declaration of war and vowed a crushing response.

"Our enemy will pay a price the type of which it has never known," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said. "We are in a war and we will win it."

At least 40 people have been killed in the attacks so far, Israel's national rescue service said. 

At least 561 wounded people were being treated in Israeli hospitals, including at least 77 who were in critical condition, the Associated Press reported based on public statements and calls to hospitals.

56 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm canparing the Native Americans to Palestine.

I suppose it would be more like if a radical terrorist organization "adopted" the Native Americans.

Are you saying Hamas and Palestinians are one in the same? Last I heard, nobody was accusing the Palestinians of doing this

Edited by Jason

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

This would be like the Native Americans fighting back against U.S. expansion/land theft in the 17th-19th centuries.

It’s actually not. The Jews were there thousands of years before the word Palestine existed. The reality is land ownership is directly related to a Nation’s ability (in the case of dems) their willingness to preserve them.

Libs remind me of my dumbass in laws that claim California rightfully belongs to Mexico. 

40 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

It’s actually not. The Jews were there thousands of years before the word Palestine existed. The reality is land ownership is directly related to a Nation’s ability (in the case of dems) their willingness to preserve them.

Libs remind me of my dumbass in laws that claim California rightfully belongs to Mexico. 

I'm okay with giving California back to Mexico.